World Cup 2014

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
USA just beat Ghana 2-1. One thing I find so refreshing about this sport is no commercial breaks. I've given up watching so many sports because of commercial breaks every 2 minutes. It ruins the experience.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I dabble in baseball during the first few months, most for fantasy baseball. With hockey over, it's all we've got. Playoff hockey delivered, as it does year in and year out. Hard to find anything on par with the excitement, at least until football this fall.

It's not even summer and I can't wait for the fall. Crisp air, kids back in school and football.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I dabble in baseball during the first few months, most for fantasy baseball. With hockey over, it's all we've got. Playoff hockey delivered, as it does year in and year out. Hard to find anything on par with the excitement, at least until football this fall.

It's not even summer and I can't wait for the fall. Crisp air, kids back in school and football.
I just didn't understand, "This begins baseball season..."

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Go, AnyTeam! But let's not forget, if any team manages to win the World Cup, THEN WE ALL WIN.

I made this poster over the past couple of days. I think it does a great job of expressing the undeniable truth. Differnet people of different cultures stating that they are winners in their native langauge*.

*So long as any one team wins.

1497885_10203233714297554_3959607449112063135_o.jpg

The guy on the upper right-hand corner of the poster is me! I'm a winner too!

We are all winners!

UNLESS—no team wins. Then we're doomed.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Last night's game was incredible. I, like a lot of Americans, never got into watching soccer a lot. I have to say I really enjoyed watching and rooting for the USA last night though. One thing I still cannot stand while watching soccer is Diving. It's ridiculous that these guys flop (dive), roll around like they just broke all their ribs and femer, and then just stand up 10 seconds later and keep playing. I don't think I have seen 1 player, on any team, fall down and get back up without a dramatic display of excruciating pain. Watching a guy covered in tattoos laying on the ground covering his eyes like he is crying for a good minute is not my idea of sport. I don't care if "it's part of the game" I think Diving is a huge reason why soccer is still not nearly as popular in US as it is elsewhere in the world.