World Phone and Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Adron, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Adron

Adron Member
    Bronze

I just want to be clear but if I get the 4s from Verizon they won't turn off the world phone capability or anything crazy like that would they? Being able to use my phone over seas was a big attraction I had to ATT when I switched a few years ago and I have to admit I am a little skeptical about verizon.

2. Eragon

Eragon Zealot
    Gold

Correct. The CDMA 4S will have a locked SIM to Verizon or Sprint. You'll have to use theses carrier's intl roaming plans overseas.

Personally, I'm hoping for a SIM unlock so I can use my native AT&T SIM for poor VZW coverage domestically. Another benefit would being able to use foreign Sims when traveling overseas. Can't do that locked.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

In Canada when Bell & Telus were CDMA, their "world phones" were locked from working on Roger's GSM but were SIM unlocked abroad. You can always hope they're that generous.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

4. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Member
    Bronze

I have used VZW world phones in Asia and Canada. The CDMA actually works in many countries but GSM as well. As others have said you will need a local SIM depending on the country. And in any case be prepared to pay!

5. Adron

Adron Member
    Bronze

Thanks!

6. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Member
    Bronze

And yes, visiting Asia was a culture shock to old hillbilly. Nothing like the holler.

7. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Holler?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

8. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Member
    Bronze

Hillbilly for hollow.