World Series

Who do you want to win the World Series?

• Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Philadelphia Phillies

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Being from Tampa, I am naturally rooting for the Rays. Who do you think will take the Series?

I'm going to the game tomorrow night. I'll be sure to post up pics.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Phillies are going to take the Rays behind the wood shed, and beat them silly.

frack Florida (my wife, a Floridian, just said that..she hates Florida with a deep passion...it is part of the reason we love each other so much. ;) ).

These kids, and their Piece Of crap stadium they play in, are going to get worked. I hope they win maybe 1 game....maybe then the city will build them a new stadium.

The Rays are a great team, and they have had on hell of a year...but NOTHING will stand in the way of Philadelphia bringing home a championship.

LETS GO PHILLIES! It's Red October here in Philly, and Phillies Phever is in Phull swing!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Lol... are you drunk already, Tex? Foulmouth little sailor...

Philly's gonna hurt em.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Lol... are you drunk already, Tex? Foulmouth little sailor...

Philly's gonna hurt em.
Working on it. I bought a 12% ABV Winter Beer tonight.....going to try to milk that case slowly through the winter.

I am just pumped up. Even though I have only lived in Philly for under 4 years, I have grown very attached to this city, and this baseball team...I never really had a baseball team I enjoyed watching from the first pitch of the season to the last closing pitch of the year until I moved here, let alone ever before for any team or game. April 4th (my bday), 2006 was my first Phillies game...I never looked back. I caught the Phever, and it has boiled over ever since.

GO PHILLIES! Make em see RED!

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Being from Florida, and LOVING the game of baseball, I agree with Tex.
Tampa does not deserve a winning team. I have been to the field when there were 3,000 fans. At a MAJOR LEAGUE GAME. How many will be in the stands tonight? 43,000. Talk about fair weather fans. And the stadium is a S hole. Florida does not deserve another World Series winner.

Good day

Dana

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Tampa does not deserve a winning team. I have been to the field when there were 3,000 fans. At a MAJOR LEAGUE GAME. How many will be in the stands tonight? 43,000. Talk about fair weather fans. And the stadium is a S hole. Florida does not deserve another World Series winner.

Good day

Dana
There was a game this season where they had under 1000 fans there. That is just pathetic. OVer 80% of the Rays "fans" weren't fans until maybe late August. Philly has filled their stadiums, even in the worst of times.

Philly deserves it more.

;)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
So what about those dedicated fans? Lumping the entire state in with the likes of fairweather fans is unfair. Being a 10 year old franchise comes with its setbacks, which include not having a super stadium. I guess going to the World Series 5 times in 100 years (with 1 victory) is fantastic. So are 10,000 franchise losses...

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I just threw up in my mouth.

The best Tampe could do was the Backdoor Boys for the National Anthem. I am sorry, I am not a gay basher....But that is gay, especially for baseball.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Go Rays! New ownership and management is helping the Tampa franchise.

Who cares if they have a crappy stadium? That is the problem with MLB and most sports. Money is everything. I like the heart of this team.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida

Good day

Dana
I think the players only care about winning. They think they deserve to win, and isn't that what really matters?

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
So what about those dedicated fans? Lumping the entire state in with the likes of fairweather fans is unfair. Being a 10 year old franchise comes with its setbacks, which include not having a super stadium. I guess going to the World Series 5 times in 100 years (with 1 victory) is fantastic. So are 10,000 franchise losses...

And you know what the fans did when we hit 10,000 loses last year? We embraced it. Most cities only dream of having a team stick around for as long as the Phils have ( one of the OLDEST teams in the history of the game), let alone fans that have always supported them, even during the tough going. Philly, while having a bad image due to the rough edges of its fans, certainly have the most diehard and supporting.

I'll take that over a championship any day.

But, a championship will do just fine, too. ;)

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I think the players only care about winning. They think they deserve to win, and isn't that what really matters?
Yup. Goes for both sides.

These are 2 good teams. Both should be proud of making this far...not an easy task for anyone

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Yup. Goes for both sides.

These are 2 good teams. Both should be proud of making this far...not an easy task for anyone
I do not know why I am being to argumentative! I really am not a baseball fan. I am a sports fan, and I think I like the Rays more for the Cinderella story than the fact they are in Florida. I used to go to Pirate games when I was in middle school. It was a fun family time. Baseball is much more fun to watch live!

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Largest crowd at Tropicana Dome was for.......NKOTB.

LOL! Wow. That is simply...depressing.

Back to the game.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Gotta go with the Rays. One of the lowest payrolls in baseball and had the 3rd best record over all. Just shows money can't always buy a winner, but good(not great) players with great heart can.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
CHUTLEY!

Knocking off the dust, indeed!

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
As a lifelong Yankee fan living in the Tampa area, I have to say:

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Go Phillies! :D

And I have to agree with above posters who talk about fair weather fans - there are TONS of them. If you would have gone to games over the past 3-4 years, especially when the Yanks or Red Sox came to town, you'd know that the opposing team's fans outnumbered the Rays fans by 3:1 or 5:1 ratios. I would go when the Yanks came to town and it was like going to Yankee Stadium - 90-95% of the fans were in YANKEES attire, and when a Yankee would hit a home run, the place went crazy. Trust me, 90% or more of all Rays fans are the real "New Kids On The Block". Heck, when their team was down 2-3 runs in the 7th they'd be heading for the doors... And no, I am NOT joking... What kind of true fans do that?!

They have had a great year, no doubt about it, and I commend them for beating the Sox (well, truth be told, I commend anyone who beats the Sox...), but if they win the World Series, all these Johnny-come-lately fans will suddenly get an insufferable sense of entitlement that will make living here unbearable, and so I have to root for the Phillies in the hopes that next year the Baseball Gods will return the universe to normal and all those "Rays Fans" can grow their hair back and return to ignoring the Rays again as they have for the past 10 years.

Oh, and incidentally, my dream scenario once the Yankees were eliminated was Cubs-White Sox, with the Cubbies finally getting their long overdue Championship - THEIR fans well and truly deserve it.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I lived with a "philly" fan. He was very loud. Obnoxious. Embarrasing. Wanted everyone to know he was from philly, and that pat's cheesesteak is the best thing known to man.