World View Live :(

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Andreas Linde finally released World View Live for $2.99. Andreas was the creator of the jailbroken application Locations. I liked Locations because I could add my own URL of a webcam to the App and it was viewable instantly. World View Live has this feature, kind of, but you have to submit your cams URL to a website. I do not like that. I want to add the URL via the App and not publish it on a server somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I really like World View and its database of public webcams but I was really disappointed when World View Live didn't have Locations like feature to add private cams.

Could someone please make an App Store App or Jailbroken App that allows you to add a cams URL to the App like Locations did and it is viewable instantly please?

Thanks

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Andreas Linde finally released World View Live for $2.99. Andreas was the creator of the jailbroken application Locations. I liked Locations because I could add my own URL of a webcam to the App and it was viewable instantly. World View Live has this feature, kind of, but you have to submit your cams URL to a website. I do not like that. I want to add the URL via the App and not publish it on a server somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I really like World View and its database of public webcams but I was really disappointed when World View Live didn't have Locations like feature to add private cams.

Could someone please make an App Store App or Jailbroken App that allows you to add a cams URL to the App like Locations did and it is viewable instantly please?

Thanks
FROM ANDREAS LINDE EMAIL:
"I just posted an answer on my blog, but wanted to get in touch with you also personally.
When you add a url to WorldView Live, it will not be added to any Live database or to webcams.travel, it is yours only. The backup feature also is no back door, it just backs up your settings so if you loose them, the app can restore these. If you don't want that feature, just turn it off in the settings.
I really hope this is just a misunderstanding."

I purchased the App and there is an Add URL button and I guess it does not add the URL to the database. The iTunes description is a little misleading and does not mention the Add URL button.

CONFUSION FROM iTunes DESCRIPTION:
"If you cannot find your webcam, just add them to http://webcams.travel/ website for free and it will also appear in World View!"

So, you can add your own webcams to World View Live via the App. This is by far the BEST webcam App available on the App Store.

Thank You Andreas Linde :)