World's heaviest iPhone case

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Rafagon, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

http://www.desirablebody.co.uk/fitness-accessories/tonefone-weighted-iphone-5-5s-case.html#producttabs1

It's made of 100% 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png British steel, improves the strength of your arms, and it is rubber coated.

According to the website,

"Mexican dinner and Grey’s Anatomy feel all of a sudden the only alternative for the evening. And you go with it. Put some comfy clothes on, turn the telly on and…your phone rings. You pick it up, reply, you pick it up, reply, you pick it up…
    Wait a second… Imagine your phone was a dumbbell, you’d be working out now!"

Untitled-2.jpg

Here's a video review of the product:

#1 Rafagon, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Welcome aboard everythingicafe:D !

The sound seems to work on the video fine for me, on an iPhone 5s with iOS 7.1. I just tried using Safari and also using the eiC app, and it works well both ways.

I don't own an iPad, so I can't check that, but I would imagine if it's working on an iPhone, it should work on an iPad. Perhaps you could try a hard reset, and then try playing the video again?

#2 Rafagon, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Sound worked fine on my iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6. Maybe yours is muted?

Anywho, that case is awesome looking. I'd love to at least try it out. :)

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Ohhh! Welcome welcome to this here forum!

Yeah. I don't like that for some parts of the iPhone we can't hear sound when muted.

Ok, back on topic. Would anyone actually use this heavy case as is said?

#4 MoneyMaker79, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
  5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

It makes for a great paperweight for a desk.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

@Ledsteplin , that is an excellent idea, but, respecfully, I think saying paperweight "for a desk" is a bit redundant, don't you? Where else would you keep papers needing to be weighted down? Unless you go camping with a bunch of papers and it's really windy out there and you don't want the papers flying away and you need to use the paperweight "for the ground"—a totally possible scenario, I will give you that.

I think that that phone case made of 100% British steel could also work as one of these personal massagers that gave gained some popularity recently with the ladies, although it does seem a bit on the large side to accomplish this. All that the lady would have to do is make sure the phone is set on vibrate for both calls, texts, and hell, why not, even Words With Friends notifications. She could then place that iPhone with the huge case it in that special spot so that every time she gets a text or phhone call, the vibration will give her a pleasant feeling that will help her never miss an important call again.

BTW, this item is not a "pervert"-type item, and this post is in no way meant to be offensive to anyone.. As you can see, the item is for sale on Walgreens, and Walgreens is the pha_rmacy that American trusts (the word pha_armacy is banned, WTF?). So why not get a similarly-shaped item for your phone to accomplish the same thing?

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You have redundant down, magnum opus boy. :D

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

@Rafagon, if paperweights "for a desk" are redundant, what will we use to hold down all those documents we make copies of and upload to our computers? And if not that, they just look good sitting on a desk.

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Paperweights are not redundant... I was referring to the part about them being "for a desk" being redundant. How windy can it possibly get in a typical office, unless your office is at the 100th floor of the Empire State Building and your boss insists on keeping all the windows open to save on air conditioning costs? If that's the case, then, yes, I agree that the paperweights will definitely become a necessity.

They may look good sitting on a desk, but who's going to notice that good-looking paperweight of yours when it's sitting inches away from a very sexy, thin, Late 2013 iMac, or that über-sexy Mac Pro, where even the thought that this Mac Pro might be holding 128GB of RAM inside would be sufficient to keep most people from noticing not just your beautiful paperweight, but even a scantily-clad Megan Fox working at the cubicle right next to yours?

Just for fun, I just Googled for images of expensive, higher-end papeweights, and none of them will hold the attention of any sane male or female for more than about 3.1 seconds if there's an iMac or Mac Pro anywhere in the vicinity. Here are five photos I found. I think only that the last paperweight (the skull) would give either of these computers a run for their money—for a couple of minutes, anyway.

1.jpeg 2.jpeg 3.jpeg

4.jpeg 5.jpg

Now, obviously, if you have a Windows machine on your desktop, then please, I beg of you, get any old cheap paperweight—even use a can of Coke as a paperweight—to save me from having to look at one of those inferior machines.

10. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Oops, sorry, I did go off on a bit of a tangent there, didn't I? *cringe* Please don't ban me, Napoleon. I promise it won't again happen... For a few days, anways...

11. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

@Rafagon Here's my paperweight collection. Ok, so I'm partial to them.
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1395451789.805040.jpg

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

No sweat. I'm going to develop a "tl;dr" macro just for you.

13. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I like the one on the top row, middle one, and also the yellow, spherical one immediately below it.

I'd never seen a paperweight collection before.

Gotta hand it to you, they look much better there than on any desk serving as actual paperweights.

14. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Nooooo! You'll miss out on all the valuable infomation I put out there on a daily basis! I'm always bringing you guys the latest news on Words With Friends updates and their shortcomings.

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

TL;DR:

Words with Friends, something, something, ripoff, something, something, fiasco, something...

:D

16. jaybrooks

jaybrooks New Member

Naw I'm good

Sent from my gold 5s using Tapatalk