Worst day ever

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Ok not EVER but today sucks. Last night at like midnight, someone sent me an email responding to my iPhone ad on craigslist. They were eager to buy the next day (today). So we haggled a bit and settled on $315 (its a v1 16GB) and chose a date and time. He had to meet early because I guess he was going somewhere later that night (maybe businesss trip idk). So to make a long story short, after spending a good hour of getting the original box and accessories together, downloading 3.0 again, restoring, switching SIMs it was about 4am. He wanted to meet at like 10am so I got up around 8:30am. Since I didn't fall asleep until 4:30 I only had 4 hours of sleep:mad:. I wake up and check my email to find this:
"Hi ! I,m sorry I was wong your phone because it"s 3G I don't buy anymore
Sorry"
WTF! He didn't realize I was selling a v1 and just bails. Now this wouldn't be completely horrible except I have inventory tonight so I have to work from 9pm tonight until 6am tomorrow morning!
FML
Goodnight

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Ok not EVER but today sucks. Last night at like midnight, someone sent me an email responding to my iPhone ad on craigslist. They were eager to buy the next day (today). So we haggled a bit and settled on $315 (its a v1 16GB) and chose a date and time. He had to meet early because I guess he was going somewhere later that night (maybe businesss trip idk). So to make a long story short, after spending a good hour of getting the original box and accessories together, downloading 3.0 again, restoring, switching SIMs it was about 4am. He wanted to meet at like 10am so I got up around 8:30am. Since I didn't fall asleep until 4:30 I only had 4 hours of sleep:mad:. I wake up and check my email to find this:
"Hi ! I,m sorry I was wong your phone because it"s 3G I don't buy anymore
Sorry"
WTF! He didn't realize I was selling a v1 and just bails. Now this wouldn't be completely horrible except I have inventory tonight so I have to work from 9pm tonight until 6am tomorrow morning!
FML
Goodnight
that sucks man. typical craigslist BS. If his langauge was like that in every email i'd have been leary of dealing with him to begin with!

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm sorry that happened to you. At least you weren't ripped off. You can always try another method of selling. I would never use Craigslist personally. I just don't trust the people on it. If I ever decide in the future to sell my iPhone it will be through eBay.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I haven't used ebay in a long time. I hate dealing with shipping. Not to mention they can pay for it and after you ship it, they can just pull the money from paypal. I'd rather get cash.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I haven't used ebay in a long time. I hate dealing with shipping. Not to mention they can pay for it and after you ship it, they can just pull the money from paypal. I'd rather get cash.
I always wait till the money hits my bank account from paypal to ship it. I just make sure to note in my listing that shipment will be as soon as it CLEARS paypal to my bank account.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I always wait till the money hits my bank account from paypal to ship it. I just make sure to note in my listing that shipment will be as soon as it CLEARS paypal to my bank account.
that's not really an option on ebay anymore. Most casual users have a 21-day hold on all funds. Still, i've been casually ebaying for about 7 years with no huge issues like losing a product or payment.

li2327

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
www.myspace.com
I wouldn't worry. I'm sure you'll get another buyer. You might haveto lower the price though. Most people who want an iPhone now won't go for anything less than 3g.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I'm gonna unlock it soon. But now I feel really discouraged. I'm not sure if I even want the 3GS anymore...