Worst Nightmare Came True!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
I dropped my iPhone on the concrete! It slipped out of my hands at about 5ft, but I dove for it.. the whole thing went in SLOOOOWWW MOTION.. and I was like...

Noooooooooooooo..... and I caught it 1ft off the ground, but it still slipped out of my hands. It left a bunch of nicks and an indentation on the back.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
If the nicks are in the metal ring, you might be able to polish those out.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
I dropped it also....dammit! Small nick on the silver part, but everything still works perfectly! :laugh2:
well i didn't drop mine, but it has a small small small scratch on the screen. That made me pretty sad, cause I thought the screen would hold up.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
That sucks! Does it still work properly?
Everything works 100%, at first I thought the screen wasn't responding, but it was just me being impatient and my mind was racing and taking in the damages.

Yeah, its not that bad, its just that I was being so careful with it. You know how it is, the smallest little mark will bother you even if other people don't see it. The is a small dent right underneath the camera with a few little pinhead size nicks. and then on the other corner, two more small nicks, then down on the plastic there are a few gouges. Its not that noticeable and was bound to happen. I just can imagine (nor do I want to) what would have happened if it hit the concrete from a full 5ft. WHEW, scary.

Iwantmymtv35

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
You don't even know how scared I would have been. Gosh, I can only imagine what would have been going through my mind. I'm holding out for the iSkin case for the iPhone. It looks super fancy.

slikk115

Jul 3, 2007
Watch who you are calling a noob... The only case you have is a case of ignorance. I was in telecommunications and computers while you were still suckling your mamas tit.
yes and the only case u have is one of arrogance..

who cares if your so computer/telecommunications savvy?
u dropped your phone.. what are u gonna do?
write a program to reverse gravity?
buy a case like that smarter guy did..
that way u can avoid people justifiably calling u a noob
for dropping your naked $600 investment..

...and talking about his mama's tits.

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
I have dropped mine 3 times now... once from the arm of a chair onto carpet (didn't do anything), once from standing onto carpet (didn't do anything) and once from standing onto linoleum floor (on top of concrete pad).

When I dropped it in the kitchen (linoleum) I thought it was a gonner. It slipped out of my hands when I pulled it off the counter and I fumbled with it all the way down trying to get hold of it.

Surprisingly there was no visible damage. I bought a rubberized case for my wife's and a sleek leather slip case for mine and now I'm thinking about switching! :)

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
yes and the only case u have is one of arrogance..

who cares if your so computer/telecommunications savvy?
u dropped your phone.. what are u gonna do?
write a program to reverse gravity?
buy a case like that smarter guy did..
that way u can avoid people justifiably calling u a noob
for dropping your naked $600 investment..

...and talking about his mama's tits.

Hey.. If you has just dropped your new phone and decided to come to a forum to write about it only to find some new user calling you a noob for not having a case. It kinda boils your blood, especially when you were on your way to get one. grrrr..