Worth it?...

Spencer :)

Jan 17, 2008
I've been surfin around here and I have heard a lot of good things about the new iPhone but also very bad. They yellow screen is annoying and the battery life is terrible. My v1 is tore up and ugly but is esseintly a great toy. So is it worth it with all of its flaws to go get the new one? Or wait for the new one? Noted 200 bucks is pretty big for a poor college student.

yes im a college kid too... but i went and made the plunge to get the white 16gig... at first you will totally notice the yellow screen but after spending a couple hours with it, you get used to it... the 3g is great in my area and to save battery life, i just turn off the 3g when im not using it... i love the feel of it... it seems so thin... when i pick up my v1 it seems so thick lol but i do love the way my v1 felt so strong and sturdy unlike the 3g which is significantly lighter than the v1... i like it... i still like my v1 but the 3g is a little step up

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
If you need more space (like if you have a 4 or 8 GB and need a 16), GPS or 3G speeds, then its worth every penny. I had my issues with my phone, but Apple replaces them and my current one has been flawless so far. As for the yellow screen... Is it different and noticeable from the v1, yes, but after a while, you won't notice it anymore and actually come to realize that it give truer colors than the cool screen temp (bluish) of the v1. Videos and pictures look better and more true to life on my 3G than they do on my old v1. As for the battery, I haven't noticed any difference expect for when I do a lot of 3G surfing, but I am using a lot more battery!

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
AT&T= $69.99+ with $5 SMS or $15 SMS/$20 NO not WORTH IT 3G is very shady...

T-Mobile=jailbreak/unlock with great voice/data plans YES

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I know nothing of this yellow screen talk. Not even an issue that appears to be noticeable at ALL.

The device is worth it. Sure, 3G is spotty an unreliable, but I bought it for more than just that.

If you are a poor college student, then no. I was a ppor college student once, and I bought things that I later regretted b/c I could have used the $ much more wisely. Hang in there, get a degree...by then, iPhones will be much more advanced, and more price acceptable.

Just my 2 cents.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
If you are a poor college student, then no. I was a ppor college student once, and I bought things that I later regretted b/c I could have used the $ much more wisely. Hang in there, get a degree...by then, iPhones will be much more advanced, and more price acceptable.

Just my 2 cents.
Very sound advice.
If you live like no one else now, later you can live like no one else by being wise with your money.

Aug 28, 2008
Los Angeles
No yellow screen issue here and i have an anti-glare protector on my phone. It was kind of dark at first but then I just upped the brightness now its perfect :laugh2:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
What Tex said. Although his screen is definitely yellow, he just doesn't like to admit it.

Whether or not that actually bothers him is another matter entirely. Just thought I'd clarify. :D

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
AT&T= $69.99+ with $5 SMS or $15 SMS/$20 NO not WORTH IT 3G is very shady...
?

3G is not shady. Not sure where you're located but I'm in LA and I'm getting 1.40+ mbps download speeds everywhere I go. My plan is $26.99 + $30 data + $5 sms for a total of $61.99 a month. Totally worth it.