Worth the upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by reginaalear, Oct 20, 2015.

1. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

I just got my 6 plus in August but was considering paying off my phone to get the Rose Gold. Is it worth paying off my gold 6 plus to get the Rose Gold color? I am wondering what the chances are of them keeping the Rose Gold color for the 7. Also does anyone have a picture of the Rose Gold that shows the true color of the phone? None of my retail locations have it in to look at. Thanks in advance!

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Here's a video of a dude unboxing the Rose Gold iPhone 6s. Might give you a better idea of the color than a still photo. You'll get to see the phone from different angles.

In my opinion, the 6s is significantly faster than the 6, so yes, it's definitely worth the upgrade. The 3D touch feature is really nice and has a lot of potential. The Live Wallpapers aren't as good as Apple makes them sound. Touch ID is lightning fast and works flawlessly each and every time.

Protip: Don't get the 16 GB variant. You'll end up with about 10 GB of usable space.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The color is actually matte champagne pink. The shiny parts (between the volume buttons and the Touch ID ring) look copper all the time, but everything else is matte champagne pink. The color changes based on lighting and it's substantially more subtle in natural light. There is no doubt about it that it is pink in artificial light. I like the color, but the color itself isn't a good reason to upgrade, especially since you're going to use a case. I use an Apple leather case, so I can see a little bit of the color at the bottom of the phone.

There are plenty of reasons to upgrade to the 6s. It performs faster due to the upgraded processor and the doubled RAM allows you to multitask better and keep many browser tabs open without them refreshing. Both of the cameras are improved and it takes significantly better low-light videos with the Retina Flash on the front-facing camera, which is reason alone to upgrade if you take many photos with the front camera. I just got a new 55" 4K TV and I was surprised by how good the 4K videos I recorded on my 6s look on it. Of course, the photos and videos take more space, so it's a good idea to avoid the 16 GB. The screen is stronger, the 3D Touch features make certain tasks faster and easier and unlocking the phone is a breeze with the faster Touch ID.

Here are some unedited pictures I took to show the color difference based on lighting.
    IMG_3057.jpg IMG_3064.jpg IMG_0070.jpg

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

Well I went ahead and ordered the 6s plus in Rose gold 128 gb. Now the wait begins on shipping. Online it says it will ship between oct 28th - Nov 4th but when I called them they said it is taking about 35-45 days so I'm not sure which one is correct.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Congratulations! And you ordered from where… your carrier, or Apple directly?

I ordered from the AT&T website. I received my iPhone much, much earlier than the date quoted by the website.

7. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

I just ordered from my carrier it should be by out 31 till NOV 1st!
    Rose gold as well I was conflicted between rose gold and black /space grey cause I like black front BUT I can get screen protectors so it'll look sharp.
    """EXCITED AS HECK"" LOL!
    Now to sell my plus no rush but I already have a few friends interested ️ I just want what I paid out to own it at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk