Worth to update to 2.0 yet?

wbrod

Oct 25, 2007
hey i am on firmware 1.4 still, i love all of my application that i have, i don't know if the had updated all the application for 2.0, i know cydia and installer are out there but i don't know if i will be able to use most of my application that i have now. Should i update to 2.0 or wait?

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
Most if not all of your apps should be in 2.0.

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
i`m still on 1.1.4 and i have everything i need on my iPhone, so i`m not rushing to update, if you like it the way it is and don`t really want anything new i don`t see a point in updating

Voltaic Shock

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Leesburg, VA
i`m still on 1.1.4 and i have everything i need on my iPhone, so i`m not rushing to update, if you like it the way it is and don`t really want anything new i don`t see a point in updating
Stability fixes
Better Battery Life
Better Reception

I'm sure there are more.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Stability fixes
Better Battery Life
Better Reception

I'm sure there are more.
I am very hesitant to endorse this. I have a V1 phone and honestly, kinda wish that I had waited to update, mostly because of battery life.
there are a number of V1 users and a couple 3G users too, that have nothing but negative feedback about the new updates.
I liked my 2.0.2 because everything was running very well for me and my battery life was astounding.
2.1.....if I don't play any games (which is more than half of my Apps store purchases) then I can squeeze MAYBE 6 hours out of the phone.
in 2.0.2 and earlier, I could get 8 with no problems.
Plus, while I have a few cool legal apps. I MUCH preferred my JB apps. Call Me is a huge one. Winterboard is another. ( or summerboard or Customize.)
I say that if you are happy where you are at, then stay there. You really aren't missing a whole lot as far as updated features, unless you really want extra SMS notifications...

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
well if you're ready to get off the horse and try using one of those newfangled auto-mobile-things, I say go ahead and update your phone while you're at it.

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
@Voltaic Shock as @Hawk said, i saw a lot of bad feedback about the things you say are better and to be honest i don`t care, and Linc, i don`t need the app store, i have all the apps i need right now, and i`m not the kind that installs 12489214891 apps and uses 3 so until something else comes up i`m goin to stick to my 1.1.4 fw

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
what do you mean by that?
Ignore him. I cannot see that comment being anything but counter productive.
Enjoy your phone and wait and see what 2.2 brings. My rule of thumb, which I did not follow this last time, is to wait 2 weeks after an update is released to get a feel for any problems that people are having. Then i can determine if I should update or not.

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
hawk you are right, he`s just a ignorant fu#@ck,i don`t know how he dares to say anything like that, what does he know about romania ? i bet he doesn't even know to point it on the map, in a way i feel sorry for him but hey that`s life, full of people like him
anyway, about the update i`m with you on that one, i`m still goin to wait and see what`s next

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Don't let OJ derail another thread with ignorance. He's tried a bit too hard in that department lately and it's getting some severe eyerolls from the regulars, trust me. Everybody's well done and tired of that crap, O. Just stop, please.

I lingered on 1.1.4 for a loooong time and I know where the original poster is coming from. While I'm happy I made the switch (some appstore stuff is, imo, nearing killer-app status), there is no denying that my phone was more stable on 1.1.4. Now, I'm happy with the stability and speed of my 2.1 jailbreak, but I recognize that it's a bit laggier than 1.1.4.

But, with appstore games, airsharing, and now backgrounder (via cydia), I'm pretty impressed with my new capabilities.

jarambulo

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
I have a V1 (1.1.4) and under T-Mobile. Are there any reliable sites that can boost it to 2.0? What are the pros and cons of upgrading to 2.0?

Thank you.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Not to sound like a dick or anything, but did you read this thread or the Official 2.1 firmware thread? I think all your answers will be found there.

But to throw this out there for you, "Yes" you can re-jailbreak and unlock a V1 phone so you can keep working on T-Mobile