Would a JB F up my sent SMS sounds?

terrapin

Bronze
Aug 3, 2009
Chicago
sometimes i get the sound when an SMS is sent, other times I do not...

rojocrandall

Bronze
Mar 2, 2009
sometimes i get the sound when an SMS is sent, other times I do not...
When the SMS app is open - i.e. when the "bubbles" are displayed, the sound does not play on mine.
Same as when I am in the middle of replying to an SMS - no sound is evoked.
It is only when the message list is displayed or app is closed does the SMS sound play. Make sense?
Since I have never been stock long enough to know how this works on a non-JB iPhone, one someone else will hopefully reply to let us know how theirs reacts.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
No a jailbreak would not F'up your SMS sounds.

However.. you can SSH into the phone, after a Jailbreak and change the SMS tones with custom one's. It's very easy to do. It takes a whole of 2mins.

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
When the SMS app is open - i.e. when the "bubbles" are displayed, the sound does not play on mine.
Same as when I am in the middle of replying to an SMS - no sound is evoked.
It is only when the message list is displayed or app is closed does the SMS sound play. Make sense?
Since I have never been stock long enough to know how this works on a non-JB iPhone, one someone else will hopefully reply to let us know how theirs reacts.
Not sure why no sounds play when sending or receiving while in the app, but they should. I know there's a bug in the 3.0 software that you're not always alerted to a new SMS, even when the app is open or closed.