Would Apple Stores Still Have Any non-6.1.3 iPhone 5 Exchange Units?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I was just wondering if anyone had any idea how long the lead time was for iPhone 5 exchange phones running 6.1.3 to show up in an Apple Store. I wasn't sure if in-house units were all updated or not. Thanks in advance.

(Please excuse the unusual politeness. I copy and pasted this from threads I created on other forums. I promise to get back to being as nasty and arrogant as I always am here as soon as possible. Thank you for your time).

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Based on my recollection of the posts here where people have posted which firmware their refurb was running, I'd say it's typically over a month. My guess is that there is a 75% chance of it being on 6.0.1. It might be on 6.1, but it's unlikely that it will be on 6.1.3 since it's been out for less than a week.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I've received replies on the other forums. One guy replaced his last Sunday and got 6.0.1. Another guy replaced his two days ago and got 6.1, so I'm a bit more hopeful now.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

As an aside, I'm having a low call volume issue with my 5. So I tell Mindi, "Well, the phone plays music as loud as it always did and videos sound great. I don't know why call volume is so low..."

I hear an imagined pause over the phone, and an imagined sigh, and she replies, "Does music come through that speaker?"

DUNCE.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Well, I'm going to the Genius Bar tomorrow morning to exchange it. I'm going to turn into one of those semi-psychotic "I'm the only one I want touching or activating my iPhone" kinda guys. I know - hard to believe I could act even semi-psychotic, but it's true.

6. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

OK who are you and what have you done with Napoleon? Chris this may be a spammer in disguise. ;)

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Warning issued.

8. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it turns out.

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Will do.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Just go swimming (no Lifeproof) with the refurb if it's on 6.1.3. :D Then take your chances with another AppleCare+ replacement being on 6.0.1 or 6.1. A jailbreak is worth $50, IMO.

Good luck tomorrow! I'm betting on 6.0.1 or 6.1.

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I had already thought of extreme measures. As far as the firmware version goes, if you're right, I'll buy you some Menchie's.

12. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

If you're after a replacement I think it's safe to say that if you were to get another one now, it would probably on a firmware less than or equal to 6.1.2.

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Thanks. That's what I'm counting on. I'll find out in about three hours. BTW, I dreamt last night that I was flying a helicopter over Luton. Go figure. :D

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I love flying dreams. I had one once where you and I had beach ball-sized hot air balloons (no baskets). We grabbed ahold of the strings, ascended about 1500 feet and did a tour of the city. We had complete control of ascent, decent, direction and speed.

15. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

I just exchanged a cracked screen. I actually got an older version than what I had so I cant restore from my backup. This is a huge pain. Nevertheless it's better then getting the new software.The exchange units are all sealed so the store does not update them, the customer is supposed to see them unseal your unit. My Apple guy knew what I was up to and he told me not to worry, there is no way I would have 6.3

I actually replaced the phone a week before, and got a newer version of the firmware. (Toilet)

I am out a lot of $

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Having an older firmware is no problem for me as I have all my app data backed up on my computer. I'd just have to arrange the icons the way I had them, and I have screenshots for that.