Would I have to Upgrade?

We Beat U

Member
Bronze
Mar 1, 2008
107
0
16
#1
So, my iPhone V1 seemed to die over the weekend. Actually, my iPhone didn't die, but I couldn't get any service to AT&T. I kept getting "No Connection" where the bars usually are.

My wife's phone was working fine in the same areas. I tried restoring, rebooting, and resyncing but with no luck. Same issue, could not use the phone function.

I was going to take it into the Apple store or AT&T store today to see what they said was wrong. But then I was wondering, if they couldn't get it fixed, and I had to buy another phone at the Apple store, would they only be able to offer me a 3G? And if so, would I HAVE to upgrade in price on my plan?

I guess I could always buy another V1 on ebay or something, but I'm way too impatient to wait. I can't go for more than a couple of hours without my iPhone...no way I could wait and order a replacement on ebay. Nor, do I want to sign another contract right now (I'm happy with the $60 plan) when I know I'll want to when the V2 comes out soon.
 

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
3,381
7
38
#2
The third iPhone is most likely coming out in June. If you could find a cheap phone to put your SIM into and wait a couple months, that would be the best idea.
 
Jun 19, 2007
33,478
4,542
113
Upper Marlboro, MD
#3
The third iPhone is most likely coming out in June. If you could find a cheap phone to put your SIM into and wait a couple months, that would be the best idea.

I agree - patience is a virtue in this case, although I tend to be a very impulsive person most of the time.