Would the Apple store exchange my scratched phone?

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
don't mention the scratches. Say the phone has been freezing up for no reason, or your having battery issues. Anything but the scratches.

Yeah, Im telling him to LIE! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!
Thats what i did. lol. I scratched the screen. I had dead pixels for a while and they didn't bother me at all because they were so small, but when i got my scratch i went straight to the Apple store and complained about the battery and the pixels. The man could not see the dead pixels(or the scratch), but exchanged it for me. Now my new battery is much improved. I would have never known how bad the previous one was if i didn't return it. PS: i didn't have a screen protector because i figured that since it was glass it wouldn't scratch. It did. Although it is tough, eventually you may get a scratch. My advice get a screen protector. Apple is good about these things.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
lol iam pretty sure the OP didn't want all this drama and flame war to happen. XD you people are crazy.

TO the OP: I don't think they will take back the iPhone just because it received some scratches no matter how gentle or careful you were with it. sorry :( your best bet would be to just get a screen protecter. GL

vansouza

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.usheroes.us
Try that with a new car...

I've been very careful with my iPhone but it still managed to get scratches on the silver trim and there's a tiny pinhole scratch on the glass. Do you think they'd give me a new phone? If I wasn't happy with any other item I think most stores would allow an exchange, so what about Apple?
Mr Nissan dealer, I scratched my new car can I have a new one, I promise to be more careful with it... Scratches happen... life happens... bad things happen to good people... all the time...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
This thread really has gone on for long enough and hopefully a mod locks it soon. But just to add a bit more, Apple should not and most likely will not exchange your phone because of something you did to it.

/thread

Paulshaqz

Jul 14, 2007
I've been very careful with my iPhone but it still managed to get scratches on the silver trim and there's a tiny pinhole scratch on the glass. Do you think they'd give me a new phone? If I wasn't happy with any other item I think most stores would allow an exchange, so what about Apple?

i think i can help you out i sorta had the same problom i had a scrach on the screen so went i went to Apple to ask them if thers any scrach saloutions ther was iKlear and let me tell you its the best stuff ever i recommend going to Apple n buying it n it comes with like 3 diffrent shamies best $19.95 ive ever spent :)

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
i think i can help you out i sorta had the same problom i had a scrach on the screen so went i went to Apple to ask them if thers any scrach saloutions ther was iKlear and let me tell you its the best stuff ever i recommend going to Apple n buying it n it comes with like 3 diffrent shamies best $19.95 ive ever spent :)
Wow, the only period in that post was a decimal point. :p Just givin' you a hard time.

cobalt24

Bronze
May 31, 2007
Apple just MIGHT be one of the "good guys".. *gasp* hard to believe!

Oh my god. Will you people lighten up. these devices cost Apple 5 bucks in parts. PULEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!
I'm sorry to get involved in this, but you seem to be one of those people who think all corporations are the big bad wolf and are only in existence to gouge everyone. (Why you'd buy their product then, I don't know.) You have absolutely NO clue what the reality is ($5 is insane - even if it were just $5 in parts, which it isn't, isn't all the years of software and design that went into it worth anything?). But because all corporations are the big bad wolf, people like you think they need to rob said corporation blind to feel a little better, as though they've really gotten something for their money. This is not a forum on "conscientiousness" but, if I may pass judgment, you have none.

My question: What is SO HARD to believe that at least SOME of the people who are at the top of their game (Steve Jobs, other people who start companies that become huge) actually DO as they say and want to put out products and services that they are proud of, that are worth the money people spend on them, and go above and beyond industry expectations -- BECAUSE THEY LOVE WHAT THEY DO AND WHAT THEY CAN BRING TO THE INDUSTRY? I think probability alone states at least some of these people really do care about what they're doing and aren't out to "get you." So give it up.

PS: I'm not a mac fan boy, I own both types of computers. If that makes any difference to you, which it shouldn't because a valid argument that was actually thought out before typed should be enough.