Would these fit iPhone jack?

Otacon132

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
Anyone happen to buy these off ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-IN-EAR-HEAD...yZ111693QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem im looking for a set of earbuds - but NONE fit in my ear, they all fall out after 5-10 seconds, and i figured id give them a try. But does it look like the plug fits the iPhone? thats my concern.

I have one set that have a sort of "spark plug thing", kinda like these here, and they work perfectly, they will never fall out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Yes they will,if the jack fits the ipod it will fit the iPhone .
This is NOT TRUE. Due to the rounded edge of the iPhone case the shoulder depth of the jack is longer than the iPod. You may have to trim 1/8" off of the plastic housing for it to engage fully.

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
This is absolutely not true. As has been said before some headphones and/or earbuds do NOT fit into the recessed headphone jack on the iPhone. Neither of my Bose headphones fit into the jack without having an adapter.
Very sad to hear that. I almost bought a pair of bose headphones just for the iPhone. Almost.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Very sad to hear that. I almost bought a pair of bose headphones just for the iPhone. Almost.

Yeah I was pretty ticked considering they're my 2 favorite sets of headphones. I've got a pair of the Quiet Comfort 2's (best around the ear headphones ever) and a set of Triport earbuds and neither of them fit. At least the adapter isn't that bad.