Would you be able to use an iPad for 80 percent of your work?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chris, Jul 17, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

So Tim Cook is clearly pushing the businesss capabilities of the iPad as a device that can basically replace your Mac/PC. Cook says that he uses his iPad for 80 percent of his work. If I tried, I don't think I'd be able to hit that number. I rely heavily on my MacBook to get work done. I've dabbled in using the iPad for writing and still fall back to my MBP.

tim-cook-ipad.jpg

How about you? Could you see yourself using an iPad for 80 percent of your work? If not applicable, how about managing your personal stuff? We're talking work -- not watching Netflix, Facebook, etc.

Thoughts?

#1 chris, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

For school purposes, it would be very hard to use an iPad for 80% of it. Same goes for businesss. One may need to know what's going on around them, thereforee using an iPad would be tough to do that and look at an iPad all day, it may not be doable. Now I know students that bring an iPad to class. That's alright, but they have and use a MacBook once they leave.

3. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

4. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

I couldn't use an iPad for work because I need to access in-house accounting software on my PC. So thereforee it wouldn't be an option.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Very good point! Specific software/programs are needed for many businessses.

6. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

Many of our systems at work are web based, so if they were designed with mobile safari in mind, I could use them. However, I use Access programs a lot, and that would be a hangup.

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Maybe you're the type of enterprise user Cook is talking about. Apps that don't currently exist, but could someday replace the complexity of Access.

As noted on a Google+ conversation I was having, Cook probably spends the bulk of his time reading, replying to email and reviewing spreadsheets.