Would You buy a White iPhone?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Hey I was just wondering how many of you feel or would buy a white iPhone? You know where the black on the phone was replaced with white. Just out of curiosity.
No way. it's got to match my car.

Last edited by a moderator:

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
Hey I was just wondering how many of you feel or would buy a white iPhone? You know where the black on the phone was replaced with white. Just out of curiosity.
No. I was just going to say no, but I have to extend my response to more than 10 characters in order to post.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
Man those colorware iPhones are fly as heck man.. I really want it to but im not sure if i can justify 150 bones for a paint job for my phone lol.... If there is anyone here that has got it done do you think they did a great job... and if you had it done has the paint chipped or anything..

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
hold on i just went to there site and it would cost me 210 for the whole paint job... DAMN can i get a hell no lol... man thats crazy and they look good but way to much for me to blow on paint job

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Careful. You might buy one of their new phones and then have to pay $600 to AT&T when you activate it like that other individual because apparently if you don't buy it from AT&T or Apple then it must be stolen. ;)

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
Careful. You might buy one of their new phones and then have to pay $600 to AT&T when you activate it like that other individual because apparently if you don't buy it from AT&T or Apple then it must be stolen. ;)

lmao wouldn't that suck i read that guys posted thats some scary crap id be so mad if that happened to me

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't think I would like white because of the dirt and grime factor that just happens naturally over time. I will be using colorware on my phone once the Apple warranty expires (and I have enough scratches to notice) that way it looks fresh and new again. Actually, by then I will most likely have purchased iPhone 2, assuming it's coming out next year.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
The other problem, besides the cost of the Colorware mod is. Colorware takes the iPhone apart to paint it, thereforee voiding the warranty. Not like doing a mod to the software, then restoring before taking the iPhone in to Apple. The color change is a dead give away that, the phone has been opened. To answer the OP's question, I would consider buying a white iPhone. I would have to see one first though..Happy Holidays, Mark

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Another issue, most pressing to me, is that they take your phone for up to 2 weeks. That is tough for those of us who don't have backup phones.
Talk about going through iPhone withdrawl.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Another issues, most pressing to me, is that they take your phone for up to 2 weeks. That is tough for those of us who don't have backup phones.
Talk about going through iPhone withdrawl.
I have two back up phone's, but still would not want to be without my iPhone for two weeks. iPhone may be returned to me sad, and with separation issues. Not worth the hassle, just to change the color. I even hate to cover the beautiful design and color with a case. The latter is a must though, especially after reading all the "I dropped it" post's lately. Mark

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Personally it wouldn't make any sense for me to buy a white iPhone, or one of any other color, because I'll just end up covering it in a black case anyway ;)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Black, Silver, and White are Apple colors. (They also happen to be my favorite colors, and they aren't my favs because of Apple.)

However, I can't see any white on the iPhone. It would just stand out too much against the rest of the sexiness.

- John

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Yes, I would buy white. I love white and I would take care to keep it clean. Maybe it's a girl thing.
And by the way, when that company first came out with the coloring of the iPhones I called for more info and they were very rude because I had questions and wasn't calling to place an order. They told me it takes 2 weeks to do because it goes through a drying process once they paint it.
But it takes more than 2 weeks because it takes time for them to get it in the mail once you send it and after the 2 weeks it takes them to do they mail it back to you and can take another 7-10 businesss days to get to you, so in reality you are looking at a good month without your iPhone. I confirmed this with their customer service. Plus it is a heck of a lot of money, just get a skin or a cover and save yourself some $$$.:p