would you buy it again?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
so to those that have had the iPhone for awhile again, was it worth it? would you still recommend for someone to get it now, or to wait till some of the problems get worked out?

beez619

Nov 21, 2007
Salem,NJ
getting mine in january, wifey said i cant get one til then unless...she might be getting me one for xmas...she just don't know i play with them when i visit the Apple store and can't stay in store cause i might steal the damn thing...i have a blackjack and love it but something about the iPhone....wish me luck guys...the phone seems really good except for a couple of things that probably will be added anyway soon or later....come on santa - bring me that phone i been good baby....lol ttyl

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
so what about some of the minor things ive read people complain about. does the volume on the speaker bother anyone? the lack of a strong vibration when on silent? trying to think of other things...someone mentioned copy and paste...

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Yeah I would. I've had more fun with this thing than any other device in my life (battery powered or otherwise...). The thing that tipped the scales was the jailbreaking/hacks. Even tho I've had to restore once. Love the apps, love the games. Even the process of hacking, messing it up, restoring it, and rehacking it had me giggling with delight. Is that wrong?

I've got multiple recipient sms now. Would like MMS (probably coming soon...) and I miss voice dialing. But honestly this thing is soo much more than just a phone it's difficult to compare and those missing things are nothing compared to what else I can do with it. Hell, my beloved RPN Hewlett-Packard calculators have even been resurrected on it, and brilliantly! That's enough right there!

Morval

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
Buffalo,NY
well i didn't buy it in the first place, i got it for free but if i had the money i would buy it again, dispite what its missing (video is top on my list). moding this thing is just so much fun. The real question is will i be able to save enough cash by time the next gen iPhone is released, then my girl can have this one cuse shes real jealous (always draining my battery playing mario bros. 3)

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
so what about some of the minor things ive read people complain about. does the volume on the speaker bother anyone? the lack of a strong vibration when on silent? trying to think of other things...someone mentioned copy and paste...
there's no question that God himself is disapponted about the lack of cut and paste. Speaker volume stinks too but if you mod your phone you can make it louder and add loud ringtones. This is my biggest issue. Vibrate is great though.. I usually miss the ringer but the vibrate catches me...

These are all minor inconveniences compared to the incredible amount of FUN this little thing offers up.. This phone makes every other phone out on the market look like a fisher-price toy in comparison.

Your intelligence now obligates you to buy an iPhone.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Buy another iPhone? Are you kidding? I wasted $500 on this so called 'Smartphone" that doesn't even have MMS or Cut and Paste! I'll never buy another product from Apple! Screw the iPhone! Screw Apple!

Kidding..

Yes, I would buy the iPhone again. I would buy as many as my salary allows. It is, by far, the best purchase I've ever made.

BTW - The above rant was an imitation of the trolls around here.

- John