Would you buy this iPhone? (pics)

CowboYZ

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Florida
I'm not selling anything.

Would you buy this 4 GB iPhone for two hundred and five bucks?
It's supposedly "fully functional" and comes with the original box and charger.

7:22 P.M.
@Youngbinks: Yeah, but I won't get the screen replaced since it is fully functional.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well, it's going to cost $250 to have the screen replaced, bringing the total to $455, which is more than the price of a brand new iPhone, so there is no way.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Absolutely not. Even if you tried to use it with the broken screen, that doesn't mean it wouldn't stop working eventually. Then you'd be on the hook for a screen replacement. Run away!

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
absolutely not. But im in no shortage of funds. Plus I get pissed if I get scratches on mine. Plus if it does need fixing that's at least 250 bucks. So just there youre over the cost of a brand new 8gb. I guess if you don't have the money and you can put up with a severely shattered screen go for it. Id pay 50.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL

@Youngbinks: Yeah, but I won't get the screen replaced since it is fully functional.

OH!...OH! no sir!

bloodbath18

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007

That is one messed up iPhone...

CowboYZ

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Florida
It's the inner beauty that counts, right?

I still think it's a steal at this price.

Youngbinks said:
I don't see how this could be considered a steal at all. It's a 4GB iPhone that had the price reduced to $300 and now it's $205, which is only $95 off of the price of a brand new one and you never know when that screen will stop working entirely.
Fine... the auction just ended a couple seconds ago and nobody bid on it. I'm going to try and bargain with the owner.
I'm just desperate.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't see how this could be considered a steal at all. It's a 4GB iPhone that had the price reduced to $300 and now it's $205, which is only $95 off of the price of a brand new one and you never know when that screen will stop working entirely.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I would definitely suggest trying to contact the buyer and give him a low-ball offer that he might accept. Tell him you already know the phone didn't sell and just offer him something ridiculously low so that he will have to go lower with his selling price. That is of course if you decide to get it.

CowboYZ

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Florida
I would definitely suggest trying to contact the buyer and give him a low-ball offer that he might accept. Tell him you already know the phone didn't sell and just offer him something ridiculously low so that he will have to go lower with his selling price. That is of course if you decide to get it.
All right, I might have screwed myself because I already made him an offer of $170 and he accepted. This was before I posted this thread realizing what a dummie I was. Also, I didn't realize that there's freakin' hole on the top of the iPhone. Anyways, I asked him/her if he/she could lower the price even more.
I'll keep you updated! Kind of exciting.

Most likely the only way that iPhone will sell is online and since it didn't sell, I think I could totally get a good price. :sick:

themanofthedark said:
please tell me that that's not a through and through hole at the top!
lol. I know! I'm in awe if it actually is 100% functional

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
The glass is literally shattered...

Your finger will be sliding over rough broken glass...

a noobstar

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
WTF ARE YOU DOING COWBOYZ?!?!? i hope your joking your getting screwed out of your mind. that iPhone is not fully functional it has a -blam-ing hole in it and the screen is shattred honestly thats not worth more than 30 bucks, don't waste ytour money! if you already have 170 just keep saving for a brand new 8 gig! don't be a fool!

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Your going to have to spend 250 for a new screen. Even at 170 its a rip off. I wouldn't even buy it for 30. Not to mention its a 4 gig, not an 8.

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
all i can say is WOW!. I spent $250 on my new 8gig iPhone at the att store. No way would i pay $170 for a broken iPhone then pay $250 to get it working again, and then your still getting a refurb so all in all your spending crazy money to get a refurb.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
all i can say is WOW!. I spent $250 on my new 8gig iPhone at the att store. No way would i pay $170 for a broken iPhone then pay $250 to get it working again, and then your still getting a refurb so all in all your spending crazy money to get a refurb.

Where was this AT&T store at such that you got a brand new 8 GB iPhone for $250?

Matt Random

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Ask yourself this. Why didn't the seller take a picture with the phone turned on if it is fully functional?

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
Where was this AT&T store at such that you got a brand new 8 GB iPhone for $250?
well i only payed $250 my mom payed the other $150 :). but the point is i got a new phone twice the memory, for the price he is about to pay for a broken phone. you cant even consider it a fixer up :( its just broke.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
well i only payed $250 my mom payed the other $150 :). but the point is i got a new phone twice the memory, for the price he is about to pay for a broken phone. you cant even consider it a fixer up :( its just broke.

Ah, I see now. I was going to head over to that AT&T as soon as possible if they were only $250.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
This hole thing is very amusing.

Pun intended.