Would you upgrade without a subsidy

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by richardya, Sep 17, 2013.

1. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

There is nothing inside the new phone that is a must-have in my opinion.
    However, they changed the outside: a new color and the metallic ring around the home button. This means if you don't get it you will be an outcast in society. #notgonnabeme. Ok That's a joke, but you know what I mean.

I can get $350 easy for the 5 so the new phone is essentially 650 + tax - $350 so like $430.

Man

Only question is color. If everyone gets gold, [and you cant get black b/c people will think you only have the iPhone5,] that means silver is the color to get, right?

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Here, I'll add the /s tag for you. :p

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Yes, but keep in mind that the front face will be white for all except the space gray. Cases can cover the back color but the front face will be harder to conceal.

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

If I had upgraded to the 5 last year and wasn't eligible for a full subsidy now, I would probably do as you are considering and come up with the $430. To me the internals are the must-haves this year. The Touch ID is the cool new ooh/ahh factor, but I'll likely live without it at first. Keep in mind I'm upgrading from a 4S and have full subsidy, I'm just trying to put myself in your shoes. As far as color I've always gone with the black and this time it's going to be the space gray, no matter what.

And who cares what people think? ;)