Wouldn't It Be Nice...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iPastor

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Virginia
www.myspace.com
... to have a bluetooth foldable keyboard like Targus made for the iPaq/Axim/Widows Mobile pda?

Ahhh that would be wonderful. That and the mobile Word/Excel equivalents for the iPhone... ahh that would be wonderful too.

Perhaps in February we'll see a whole new spate of products to cater to our whim and whimsy. One can only hope. :D

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I'm certain Bill Gates will sell you Microsoft Office for iPhone for $299. You can email your iPhone with a Excel or Word attachment and open the documents on the iPhone.

Those foldable keyboards were very expensive. I find I can use the GUI keypad just fine....great actually.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
... to have a bluetooth foldable keyboard like Targus made for the iPaq/Axim/Widows Mobile pda?

Ahhh that would be wonderful. That and the mobile Word/Excel equivalents for the iPhone... ahh that would be wonderful too.

Perhaps in February we'll see a whole new spate of products to cater to our whim and whimsy. One can only hope. :D
When/if the Bluetooth hardware is made capable, I'm sure we'll see dozens over night :).

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007

I like the idea of using one of those foldable keyboards...:laugh2:

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
to be honest, i would really have no use for this. if there is ever anything long enough that i need to use a keyboard, i find a computer..

iPastor

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Virginia
www.myspace.com
to be honest, i would really have no use for this. if there is ever anything long enough that i need to use a keyboard, i find a computer..
Solid point and I would tend to agree, except there are those times when you are "in the field" and need to make lengthy changes on the fly. Mere convenience. I type 65 wpm on a keyboard, 29 wpm on my iPhone.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I would love it if BT keyboard support is added. Although I wouldn't take it everywhere, I would buy one.

I should note I've had foldup keyboards for PDAs in the past--and I found I rarely used them. But those were stand-alone PDAs; once I switched to a single smartphone device I never really considered a keyboard again since I had one right on my smartphone.

But the reality is that I do find myself avoiding long email responses and whatnot, due to the slower typing speed on the smartphone Vs. a desktop/laptop PC.

So maybe it's time to give a foldup keyboard another chance... Oops, getting ahead of myself here, but it would be nice if the iPhone could actually utilize BT (other than via the few profiles currently supported).

--
Mike

tomtom1220

Jan 5, 2008
Just I found this thread after googling for 30min in search of a small foldable and/or flexible accessory keyboard for an iPod Touch...

Has anyone found such a keyboard available yet?

Just I could find the big, rigid, bulky iPod docking station keyboards. Agh please! It has to be foldable, small and portable for 'on the go' lifestyle.
Wait your news and thanks, Tom
San Diego, Calif

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Just I found this thread after googling for 30min in search of a small foldable and/or flexible accessory keyboard for an iPod Touch...
Has anyone found such a keyboard available yet?

Just I could find the big, rigid, bulky iPod docking station keyboards. Agh please! It has to be foldable, small and portable for 'on the go' lifestyle.
Wait your news and thanks, Tom
San Diego, Calif

I have one to, and it is great. Its bluetooth too so I don't have to plug it in.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I would buy one for sure. However, I would only use it when a computer is not available.

I type lightning fast on the iPhone; 40 wpm. 72 wpm on the computer.

- John

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I've used a portable keyboard on every Palm/WinMo phone I've had. It'd be really nice if the iPhone supported that BT profile.