Wow. 500,000 iPhones sold so far!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MacBliss

Jun 30, 2007
Engadget and CNet News report that Apple has sold over 500,000 iPhones between Friday 6pm and Sunday closing times. 95% of them were 8GB ones!

Buy AAPL! ;)

megaphore

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Wow,

Wallstreet dosen't agree. The wallstreet guys are dumb as rocks if they think Apple should be down today. It was one of the best product launches ever in history and Apple's stock is down 2% unbelievable. That's good news for buyers though :) Buy when it's low....

C130

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
I figured 500,000 is low, my Apple store sold a 1,000 alone, sold out yesterday afternoon. I purchased 5 from them alone, one for my wife and me, and 3 for friends that live out of state and their Apple store was sold out. The policy is two "per body".

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Wow,

Wallstreet dosen't agree. The wallstreet guys are dumb as rocks if they think Apple should be down today. It was one of the best product launches ever in history and Apple's stock is down 2% unbelievable. That's good news for buyers though :) Buy when it's low....
Actually, the fact that AAPL stock didn't go up is a function of the fact that the street EXPECTED Apple to sell as many iPhones. Just remember, AAPL stock has gone up over 30% in the last 6 months, on anticipation of stellar performance. Now they have to execute that stellar performance for the stock to not drop. In the next six months if there's any hiccup bigger than the activation issue I'd expect AAPL to drop. If they can start putting out numbers showing that sales are ahead of projections, THEN the price will go up.