WOW ! Best 3D game ever !

eltocliousus

Bronze
May 7, 2008
I can't seem to get this to work. I put the folder in applications under /var/ and the other applications but when i load it up it is just a white screen.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I can't seem to get this to work. I put the folder in applications under /var/ and the other applications but when i load it up it is just a white screen.
Did you change the permissions on the files? Once you manually install the program you have to make it executable by everyone in order to run it.

eltocliousus

Bronze
May 7, 2008
Did you change the permissions on the files? Once you manually install the program you have to make it executable by everyone in order to run it.
How do you do that? Im using iPhonebrowser and this is my first time, i usually just use installer. Thanks for the quick reply.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
You are going to need to use a program that will allow permission changing on the phone itself or a desktop program such as WinSCP which has a terminal emulator built into it. I run terminal on my phone and use command line tools to change them. There are easier ways to do it with programs like Squid or Mobile Finder on the phone itself but I have never used either so am not sure of the directions on doing that. Search for setting permissions and there is bound to be several postings on how others are doing it. In the terminal program I navigate to the directory containing the program and then type "chmod +x *" but that is not the easiest or best method to use. Sorry I can't be more help.

Tsn223

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
I am aware on how to change the permissions of the file, but what do i change the permissions to?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
You need to set the executable to 0755. (or set it to permit launching by everyone if you program doesn't use a numeric setting for permissions).

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Awesome

This is really an awesome idea so far. As it stands, it is not very fun, but the graphics are amazing. Very good potential here.