wow! got my iPhone replaced last night. very pleased.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
well ive been having problems with my home button for the past few months. it would never work unless i pushed it harder then usual. so i figured id wait till the jailbreak for 1.1.3 came out and then id restore and upgrade my iPhone and take it in to get replaced.
so i did that last night and they gave me a new iPhone and wow i cant believe ive been missing out on this since ive gotten mine on launch day. my new iPhones speaker is like TEN times louder now its amazing because i always knew that the iPhones speaker phone was never the loudest so i figured thats how they all were but man was i wrong.
my old one would sound like what my new one sounds like when its only halfway up and the old one used to distort the sound like crazy and suck . and i even noticed that the battery lasted longer than my old one. im so happy right now lol.
but it sucks that you need to have a jailbroken 1.1.2 to jailbreak to 1.1.3. the thing is that the one i got last night was actually 1.1.2 so i was happy that i was gonna be able to re jailbreak. but when i went to restore the new one to have all my phone numbers and stuff back it said that it cant restore since the files from my previous 1.1.3 and i was trying to put it on 1.1.2 which is pretty gay. so i just ended up upgrading to 1.1.3 anyways and then it restored all my info and stuff back on. but whatever im just happy that my speaker and battery is soo much better

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
Glad to hear your happy with the replacement. I had a similar experience and also noticed a difference (positive) between phones after mine was replaced.