Wow i cannot believe this happened to my iPhone (terrible you should read)

trexxcrap

Oct 12, 2007
so check this out...i have one of thouse glad air fresheners with the oil and i didn't like the smell so i unplugged it and put it on the counter and left it and i also left my iPhone on the counter too so i fell asleep on the couch and when i wake up the oil thing is knocked over (cat) and oil is all over the back of my iPhone and im like crap and use cleaner get it all off and everything seems fine. Well for the last week my iPhone has smelled like effin air freshener and it pissed me off and i cleaned it and cleaned it and it would'nt stop smelling like that stuff so i took the back cover off and the whole inside is COVERED IN OIL! I freak out start cleaning the insides out and it still smells terrible and then my iPhone starts saying this accessory is not made for the iPhone and the speaker keeps cutting out and half the time i plug it in it doesn't charge! this is so crazy..... Anyone have any soulutions? mabey air it out? Also i kinda messed up the black part at the bottom of the phone taking it apart, so does anyone know where i can get a new one?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
New, Glade iFresh !

Sick and tired of stale-smelling portable communication devices?
Afraid to lend your friend your phone because of the nasty niff?
You need Glade iFresh.
One charge and Glade iFresh allows you keep the freshness of a mountain meadow...
...right inside your handbag.

Terms and conditions apply, Only available on Glade Networks.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Yeah your right, I re-read and saw that he took the cover off. But he can still have them repair it. Others have taken theirs in that have fallen into water and Apple charges $250 for that.
Sheesh, at that rate I think I'd just pony up the extra $150 for a fresh start with non-hydrated components and keep the waterlogged one in a frame over the desk to remind me not to do that ever ever ever again. :D

Dec 23, 2007
New York
Others have taken theirs in that have fallen into water and Apple charges $250 for that.
I'm on my 2nd iPhone. First fell into the toilet and I had to get the $250 replacement.

Just a point of information, if your phone gets wet the geniuses look into the headphone jack and if its red at the bottom that's the marker to show its taken on water. And if its taken water, its no longer covered under the warranty.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I'm on my 2nd iPhone. First fell into the toilet and I had to get the $250 replacement.

Just a point of information, if your phone gets wet the geniuses look into the headphone jack and if its red at the bottom that's the marker to show its taken on water. And if its taken water, its no longer covered under the warranty.

So do you suggest to try and make sure there is no water in the jack hole?

Dec 23, 2007
New York
Look in the jack hole with a flashlight, if it's silver your golden. If it's red your out $250.

By the way, if you get the $250 replacement, they keep your old phone.

Sync before you go, all your info will not be able to be transfered to the new phone.

trexxcrap

Oct 12, 2007
haha thanks for all the funny resposes but i know for a fact they wont repair a (under warranty) an iglade, taken apart, jailbroken....iPhone. : ) so do you think i should air it out or clean the insides cause it seriously smells terrible it gives me a headache when i talk on it. And its not like the oil will evaporate any time soon ya know? THANKS EVERYONE ( i really really mean it )

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
haha thanks for all the funny resposes but i know for a fact they wont repair a (under warranty) an iglade, taken apart, jailbroken....iPhone. : ) so do you think i should air it out or clean the insides cause it seriously smells terrible it gives me a headache when i talk on it. And its not like the oil will evaporate any time soon ya know? THANKS EVERYONE ( i really really mean it )
Take a vacumn cleaner to it, but put a rag over the vacumn so that it does not suck up loose parts.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Speaking of the moisture indicator thing... has anyone heard of anyone using a drop of bleach to turn a red moisture indicator back to white? I heard about this working on RAZRs years back.