WOW...Major Problems

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Alright...my phone make any sound anymore

1) Its no in silent...i know the difference and on the side the little switch is set so its not in silent
2) I have my volume for the ringer all the way up
3) im not even getting any touchtones anymore....

It still doesn't ring...Ive missed so many calls in the past week because of this..I just realized it now......it doesn't ring.....

What is going on? I have everything set to how it normally was...I put it on silent because of class and it seems ever since then it doesn't make any sound...even if I take if off

Dragoro

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Someone said that it can do this if it thinks the earphones are still plugged in. Try plugging in and removing the earphones a couple times and see if that fixes it.

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Someone said that it can do this if it thinks the earphones are still plugged in. Try plugging in and removing the earphones a couple times and see if that fixes it.
Alright well now ive just confirmed that sound only works through the headphones.....music was playing when I plugged them in, but when I take the headphones out, no sound for anything at all..

Are my speakers already broken?

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Alright well now ive just confirmed that sound only works through the headphones.....music was playing when I plugged them in, but when I take the headphones out, no sound for anything at all..

Are my speakers already broken?
The prevailing forum theory is that in the headphone jack is a sensor that lets the unit know the headphones are attached. If that sensor gets "stuck" in the positive position the speakers will not function as it "thinks" there are headphones attached.

People have had mixed results with putting in/taking out the headphones rapidly and getting the phone to realize there are no phones in there. This solution did not work for me but has worked for many.

If that does not work do a hard reboot (hold the home and sleep buttons down till the silver Apple shows) and if that does not do it try to restore it and see if that does it. If all else fails then go to an Apple store and see what they can do.

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
The prevailing forum theory is that in the headphone jack is a sensor that lets the unit know the headphones are attached.
Or it could be just a typical dumb mechanical twenty-five cent headphone jack, with the internal prong that switches between headphone and other output... and someone went a little too cheap picking out the supplier.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY

i had this issue as well with the ear phones...if you are listening to the ipod part and you using the headphones that came with the phone..and you use that little button on the right ear piece wire to pause the music and then you take the headphones out...the problem your describing will happen...to fix it, plug them back in...put on a song..unmute it with that button on the headset and then pause the music through the ipod...all should be ok after that.