Integrated Bluetooth 2.0
Integrated GPS receiver with A-GPS support
5 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics
32GB onboard flash memory with microSD for adding 16GB more
3.5mm headset jack
microUSB port used for both syncing and charging
Haptic feedback
1500 mAh battery

Looks like Retail Price is about $700 in Q1 of '09. Whoa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Wow to flash, 32gb with 16gb additional storage! 5 mp camera! Not so wow @ that $700 price tag. =/

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Drop that keyboard and I would be interested. otherwise it's too damn thick. (although the specs do sound very nice.)

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Drop that keyboard and I would be interested. otherwise it's too damn thick. (although the specs do sound very nice.)

N97
.63" Thick

iPhone
.48" Thick

Thats a .15" Difference, Less than a Quarter Inch. Almost 4mm. Not that Much thicker than the iPhone, and I would LOVE to have the physical keyboard! To each their own I suppose.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
For some reason I hate Nokia phones. I have to admit this does have some great specs. It seems that a hot phone's life is getting shorter and shorter. New phone's are coming to market on a daily basis. It reminds me of the ( back in the day) television show "The Million Dollar Man". We can make him better, stronger, faster. Mark

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
For some reason I hate Nokia phones. I have to admit this does have some great specs. It seems that a hot phone's life is getting shorter and shorter. New phone's are coming to market on a daily basis. It reminds me of the ( back in the day) television show "The Million Dollar Man". We can make him better, stronger, faster. Mark

So Mark, Will you be adding this one to your collection of phones? Unless you attend rehab before this comes out ;)

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Guaranteed it will not retail for $700. The Omnia was around $600 before a U.S. carrier picked it up. Now it's like $249 or something like that.

I like how the N97's keyboard is attached to the phone on both sides, unlike the T-Mobile G1.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV

I agree. I saw the first picture and I was slightly interested. The second picture made me realize the iPhone is the only phone for me. I love my onscreen keyboard and have never even wanted one since I've had an iPhone.

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
Will the N97 support 3rd party apps?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
It doesn't have much on the iPhone , plus, like most of the other touch screen phones, customization is somewhat limited, and will there be thousands of apps to chose from? ;)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It looks to be rather large. Lengthwise at least. Just a bit on the top and bottom coupled with the extra thickness can make the phone seem huge in comparison to the iPhone.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Don't care for the keyboard. Just something else to break. And as Jack said, where are the apps? I'll stick with my iPhone.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Nice phone - definitely one of the better "iPhone killers" out there. Still, too thick and no on the keyboard. It may sell well, but it won't touch the iPhone.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That is hot. Indy you were right, Nokia was up to something. My issues with it:

1. Real keyboard. Don't want one anymore
2. (goes with #1) Slider... mechanical parts to go bad
3. Thickness
4. Nokia software.... you know it won't be as smooth as Apple
5. Apps? Eh....?

I'm lusting after that camera, though. I guess you can't really get Carl Zeiss without a little thickness [ahem]. And yes, a quarter inch is huge in cellphone land.

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I only just discovered this phone and I'm really impressed. I never planned to keep the iPhone all the way through the contract anyway but I don't think I'll be able to afford this without it being subsidized so I'm probably just gonna go mad with envy instead.

Why are people already deciding this phone has poor third party developer stuff? I understand that a lot of people in the US overlook them so I'll tell you a few things. Nokia has always had EXCELLENT third party developer stuff, not just on a commercial side but on the homebrew side as well. They have a developer site with all the usual SDK bits and bobs for anyone to download and dedicated staff who just help out whoever needs it, they also give out prizes to people who help out the community each month. I emailed them a suggestion once and had a personalised response two hours later. Nokia even had a sort of app store long before Apple were in the game, it's just nobody used it because it was some half baked thing that wasn't as impressively implemented and never promoted. Basically it was a bookmark link that opened up the browser on a mobile version on the Nokia Marketplace and you could download the installer files straight to your phone. Didn't matter though because you could download the installer files from anywhere on the internet (not just Nokia's site) and Nokia's PC-phone connectivity is so good nobody would have used it anyway. Hook up the phone via bluetooth, double click the installer file and that was it.

Back to the phone again though, I'll believe the UI is like that when I see a video of an actual model, not just a mock-up. And I think I prefer it because of the keyboard, I always thought I'd be alright with an all touch keyboard but when I'm typing a long text on my iPhone I find myself longing for even T9.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yeah, the keyboard is definitely my main problem here. Before I got an iPhone, I thought I could love with physical keyboards on phones, just as long as they were QWERTY and not numeric. Now I hate the things. Virtual only.

And then there's the UI. I say this to every phone that comes along and is given the title iPhone killer. Not one has come close, at all, to scratching the superior interface that the iPhone carries. That alone is enough to, in my opinion, get the iPhone over what else is available at the moment.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I REALLY want this phone! :mad:

I hope it comes with a good on-screen keyboard... I don't care too much for slide-out keyboards that much.

Also, the specs on this phone seem pretty incredible.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
That is hot. Indy you were right, Nokia was up to something. My issues with it:

1. Real keyboard. Don't want one anymore
2. (goes with #1) Slider... mechanical parts to go bad
3. Thickness
4. Nokia software.... you know it won't be as smooth as Apple
5. Apps? Eh....?

I'm lusting after that camera, though. I guess you can't really get Carl Zeiss without a little thickness [ahem]. And yes, a quarter inch is huge in cellphone land.
I agree with 1 and 2. ;)

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Here are some apps:

http://symbianapplications.net/
http://www.clickapps.com/go_symbian.htm
http://symbian-freeware.blogspot.com/

Not sure how good they are compared to iPhone apps though?

This phone reminds me of the AT&T Tilt. Would be good if they could offer 2 versions of this. One with a keyboard (businesss) and one without (personal). But I guess the keyboard also contains other components.

That keyboard is a common thread here. I just like a touch keyboard better.