Wow, my iPhone turned on today...

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Pre-lauch, everyone was excited. Post-launch, this place with filled with complaining, bitching and whiners. The speaker volume is too low, no MMS, no custom ringtones, no video recording, whine, whine, whine.

I have had zero problems. I can hear my iPhone perfectly and am fine with some of the missing features, which will all come in due time. I did have a small hiccup with my wifi dropping but after a reboot of the iPhone and my AirPort router, all is well.

So is there anyone who is happy with their iPhone, besides me?

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Pre-lauch, everyone was excited. Post-launch, this place with filled with complaining, bitching and whiners. The speaker volume is too low, no MMS, no custom ringtones, no video recording, whine, whine, whine.

I have had zero problems. I can hear my iPhone perfectly. I did have a small hiccup with my wifi dropping but after a reboot of the iPhone and my AirPort router, all is well.

Me :)

I've had some little issues but am completely realistic about my expectations of what the iPhone is capable of, and in the fact it's a first generation product (which always bares some risk). My "issues" have been so minor that they are barely what I'd call hiccups. I don't believe the iPhone is perfect, but it's exceeded my expectations for sure.

SCMedic

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Me too! After a week, this is the absolute best put together phone I've owned. Yes, it's got features that will be added in future updates, and yes, it's not perfect, but what phone is?

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL
Wishing for new features for a great phone is one thing, but what we are seeing are waves of trolls who have seen proud iPhone owners in their midst while they themselves are locked with other carriers and/or financially incapable of owning this premium bauble. Toss them some bus fare and send them on their way like I do.

hutchensgd

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I love my iPhone, I love my IMac, and I love the Air Port Extreme router, and how all of them work together. I will be getting the device called Apple TV too.

And for all of those who are upset that you can not read an Excel document on the iPhone, or view a Power Point Presentation, it simply is not productive to even try. I think Apple did an excellent job chosing what the iPhone would do, and make these features work very well!

I have had zero problems. I can hear my iPhone perfectly and am fine with some of the missing features, which will all come in due time. I did have a small hiccup with my wifi dropping but after a reboot of the iPhone and my AirPort router, all is well.

ProductProFresno

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007

I agree with you.
On another note, This hiccup you mentioned, was it dropping you from the network repeatedly? I had a customer come in complaining of that on multiple networks. Do you have any advice for me?
Also, Do you know anything about a wifi to wifi connection with other phones? It can't do bluetooth connections, leading me to look elsewhere. I'm also going to be posting a separate thread on this most likely.
Thanks.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta

I agree.
I think the issue is nobody makes threads claiming how much they love the iPhone, because they think the thread can't go anywhere.

However when there is a problem that needs fixing, they post in hopes of a solution.

What do we get? A board that appears to be full of nothing but unhappy iPhone users - which certainly isn't the reality of the situation.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I agree with you.
On another note, This hiccup you mentioned, was it dropping you from the network repeatedly? I had a customer come in complaining of that on multiple networks. Do you have any advice for me?
Also, Do you know anything about a wifi to wifi connection with other phones? It can't do bluetooth connections, leading me to look elsewhere. I'm also going to be posting a separate thread on this most likely.
Thanks.
I've had no problems with connecting to WiFi Networks or being dropped. I've also been successful with BT connections (in my car). If you have a local Apple Store I'd head down there... they are pretty willing (and quick) to replace a phone with a problem.

They wanted to replace mine today (and I didn't even have the box or receipt with me)... The hiccup I'm talking about is my usage stats have never worked and I've tried nearly everything to get them going (and I *am* getting my battery fully charged). I don't want to be quick to get a replacement because everything else works so well! I told the Genius I'd come back in a day or two after I try a few more things on my own.

lilo

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
You need Apple car

I love my iPhone, I love my IMac, and I love the Air Port Extreme router, and how all of them work together. I will be getting the device called Apple TV too.
I suspect if Apple announced today that it would start producing cars in 20 year you would wait and then stay in line to buy one ;) Corporations do work hard to turn people into ... well pick your word.

hutchensgd

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Not correct. I would not trade my Alfa Romeo for some johnny come lately vehicle.

I suspect if Apple announced today that it would start producing cars in 20 year you would wait and then stay in line to buy one ;) Corporations do work hard to turn people into ... well pick your word.

lilo

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Get Samsung

I don't want to be quick to get a replacement because everything else works so well!
Do I get it right that you are scared to get a replacement because chances are it will have more problems than your current phone? Your attitude is unusual. Why would anyone hesitate to get a new device? Get a new phone and if it does not work either get a different model (like Samsung).

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Do I get it right that you are scared to get a replacement because chances are it will have more problems than your current phone? Your attitude is unusual. Why would anyone hesitate to get a new device? Get a new phone and if it does not work either get a different model (like Samsung).

I understand where he is coming from. I love the iPhone, and have lusted for one for so long. My iPhone worked great, with the exception of ONE MINOR problem. I tried to see if it could be fixed, but I'd have to exchange it. However, an exchange could lead to all the other major problems others are having that I am not.

hutchensgd

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
If I had one minor issue with it and I was confident that it was the phone, it would be returned.

I understand where he is coming from. I love the iPhone, and have lusted for one for so long. My iPhone worked great, with the exception of ONE MINOR problem. I tried to see if it could be fixed, but I'd have to exchange it. However, an exchange could lead to all the other major problems others are having that I am not.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
If I had one minor issue with it and I was confident that it was the phone, it would be returned.
It should be added this minor issue might apply to every iPhone out there. And if it does indeed, my new iPhone would DEFINITELY have the same issue, and possibly even more.

[The "minor" issue I'm discussing is Safari and other apps randomly crashing]

hutchensgd

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
OK, now I understand.

It should be added this minor issue might apply to every iPhone out there. And if it does indeed, my new iPhone would DEFINITELY have the same issue, and possibly even more.

[The "minor" issue I'm discussing is Safari and other apps randomly crashing]

lilo

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
You did just that with iPhone

did not you? You probably did trade your older phone for this newcomer - first model from a company which never made phones before :)

Not correct. I would not trade my Alfa Romeo for some johnny come lately vehicle.

hutchensgd

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I still have my old phone. You have two strikes, like to try for a third?

did not you? You probably did trade your older phone for this newcomer - first model from a company which never made phones before :)

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
iPhone is performing as advertised - in fact it exceeds my expectations and trashes my T-Mobile MDA!

Obviously I wish the same for all iPhone owners, and don't wish to be viewed as smug or elitist in any way.

Just a happy customer :)

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I have zero problems with mine except that I don't have any numbers under usage in the settings. I don't get these people who just make all these threads that do nothing but bash the thing. If you have problems with the thing you should go get a new one and stop bitching about it.