wow so sprint rep just told me to pull the old switcharoo

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
after talking to sprint all day and trying to get an early upgrade out of someone I finally got someone worth talking to on the line. I told the gentleman I have been an extremely loyal customer for some time and my bill has never once been late. I explained my story and he flat out told me that I just need to add a line for the new phone and once i receive it call him directly and he will transfer it to my number. Since I already have the family plan that it would be $19.99 a month additional which works out perfectly because I am adding a line for my brother for christmas anyway. So I will have to bite the bullet for 3 months of payments till I transfer that line to my brother. I don't know if this is something a rep from a service provider is supposed to be telling customers but I sure am thankful thats for sure!

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
after talking to sprint all day and trying to get an early upgrade out of someone I finally got someone worth talking to on the line. I told the gentleman I have been an extremely loyal customer for some time and my bill has never once been late. I explained my story and he flat out told me that I just need to add a line for the new phone and once i receive it call him directly and he will transfer it to my number. Since I already have the family plan that it would be $19.99 a month additional which works out perfectly because I am adding a line for my brother for christmas anyway. So I will have to bite the bullet for 3 months of payments till I transfer that line to my brother. I don't know if this is something a rep from a service provider is supposed to be telling customers but I sure am thankful thats for sure!
What he didn't tell you is it will be 30 a month and that when you transfer the line to your brother depending on how you do it you will have etf of 350.

Be careful. Very careful.

And you can't call him directly. Hopefully he notated that 19.99 for you otherwise the next agent will not honor it.

What he didn't tell you is it will be 30 a month and that when you transfer the line to your brother depending on how you do it you will have etf of 350.

Be careful. Very careful.
I did't mean transfer the line I meant just give him that number. He is staying on my account just going to take over the payment of the line. He has been using a crappy pay as you go phone and I told him months ago i would add him to my service for christmas. So technically I will only have to front the $30 extra a month till christmas when he takes over. Sorry for the confusion

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I did't mean transfer the line I meant just give him that number. He is staying on my account just going to take over the payment of the line. He has been using a crappy pay as you go phone and I told him months ago i would add him to my service for christmas. So technically I will only have to front the $30 extra a month till christmas when he takes over. Sorry for the confusion
Gotcha. Just make sure when you switch your number over to the new iPhone you keep a device (phone) on the new number. Did you check to make sure you were eligible for add a line?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
The rep I spoke to was the one who brought that up. First thing he said was "you know you're eligible to add a line to your existing family plan" So I hope he was correct. Thanks for looking out for me and the info though I seriously appreciate it big time. I would hate to get screwed.
Here to help. Are you preordering?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Well it does not go unappreciated. Yes I am! working on staying awake for 3 more hours here in Pennsylvania. I just got a new Macbook Pro so I am working on transferring all my stuff, working on a short little movie i am putting together from my GoPro stuff all summer. I am really trying to keep busy ha
Gotcha. If you run into problems later let me know I will see what I can do in the most "professional of not getting myself fired ways" lol