WOW! Tony Curtis, You've done it again! Buried with his iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sharunda, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Tony Curtis buried with his iPhone. :D I wonder what Steve Jobs would say about this.

Here is the link if you want to read the full story:
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39499661/ns/today-entertainment/

Family, friends say farewell to Tony Curtis

Actor buried with iPhone, driving gloves, favorite novel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Gabriel Bouys / AFP - Getty Images Actress Jamie Lee Curtis places a flower on the casket of her father Tony Curtis at the Palm Mortuary and Cemetery, Green Valley in Las Vegas on Monday.

By OSKAR GARCIA
    The Associated Press [​IMG]
    updated 10/4/2010 4:45:20 PM ET

LAS VEGAS — Actor Tony Curtis was buried Monday with a melange of his favorite possessions — a Stetson hat, an Armani scarf, driving gloves, an iPhone and a copy of his favorite novel, "Anthony Adverse," a book that inspired his celebrity name and launched a robust film career that spanned decades and genres.
    The 85-year-old Oscar-nominated actor who starred in such films as "The Defiant Ones" and "Some Like It Hot" died Wednesday at his home in Henderson, a Las Vegas suburb, after suffering cardiac arrest.
    More than 400 celebrities, fans, friends and family members gathered to say goodbye at a public funeral service Monday in Las Vegas honoring Curtis' life.

2. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

You sure got to love your iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I heard about that too. What is the saying? "You can't take it with you". Would be spooky if friends and family began receiving text messages and calls from Tony.

4. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

[​IMG]

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

He might have a lot to say from the grave. Who knows? It would just be hilarious if family and friends started to get scheduled text messages from him. That would be just awesome if not scary. I think there's an App for that.

There is an App called Hi Future Self, but that's just to send text reminders to yourself. I wonder if there is one that will send some to others for you. I know Notify me allows you to send reminders to other people you are linked with in their App, but nothing about Text messages to others in the future. If anyone knows of such an App, let me know. I would love to use it.

6. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

Or Facetime calls.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textlater/id289637800?mt=8

8. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Europa! Thanks! I'll keep this in mind. They have not updated since Dec 2008 so I'll wait on this one until they get it together. I can imagine with all the updates the iPhone has had since then that the App might not work if it opens at all.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It works. I just set it to send a future message from my iPhone 4 to my 3GS and it went through at the scheduled time. However, the reply message I sent back to the iPhone 4 got lost in cyberspace and the message didn't come from the iPhone 4 SMS app, so rather than showing my name as the sender, it had a random number. Also, the app name "noreply@skidmoreapps.com" will be in message.

[​IMG]

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Thanks again! I hope one day they update the App so it can send from a recognized number. It is promising though.

11. Briwi2

Briwi2 New Member