Woz signed my iPhone!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jakkyl

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
I know this is pretty lame in a lot of people's eyes, but as a guy who has always worked with computers and loves Apple computers, it was a big deal to me :) Was at a conference this week where Woz was the keynote speaker. In the evening he was doing book signings, so I picked up a copy of iWoz to have him sign. A buddy of mine goes "You should have him sign your iPhone too!" So, I got in line with my book and iPhone and he lined up with me with his MacBook Pro. Woz gladly signed them and I got my picture taken with him also. So now its time to get an Invisible Shield for the back of the iPhone so I don't scuff it off :)

Attachments

Maahu

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
I know this is pretty lame in a lot of people's eyes, but as a guy who has always worked with computers and loves Apple computers, it was a big deal to me :) Was at a conference this week where Woz was the keynote speaker. In the evening he was doing book signings, so I picked up a copy of iWoz to have him sign. A buddy of mine goes "You should have him sign your iPhone too!" So, I got in line with my book and iPhone and he lined up with me with his MacBook Pro. Woz gladly signed them and I got my picture taken with him also. So now its time to get an Invisible Shield for the back of the iPhone so I don't scuff it off :)
It's not lame. Woz is a pretty cool guy. I was at a developers conference, and had the privilege of him being at the same table. Man, the guy's got some pretty hilarious stories! Apparently, he was a real prankster when he was a youth (maybe still).

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
It's just amazing to me that he was one of only a handful of people to invent the personal computer. He hand made a lot of the in the beginning of Apple. That is awesome to have that signed by him. That phone would not be there in your hand had he not been in the game. Any time you can say that, it's worth a signature.:cool:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Wow, Grandpa Apple signed your phone!

Woz will always be my favorite of the founders. Hes is a great person, and its a shame we don't have more like him.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
It's not lame. Woz is a pretty cool guy. I was at a developers conference, and had the privilege of him being at the same table. Man, the guy's got some pretty hilarious stories! Apparently, he was a real prankster when he was a youth (maybe still).
Dig up a copy of "Pirates of Silicon Valley" for a hollywood-esque account of their misadventures. As far off as it gets at times, its still probably one of my most favorite movies. Woz is portrayed as a really jovial person who runs a dial-a-joke line from his dorm. He'd record a new joke every day and the call was free if you were local!

jakkyl

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
Hehe, yep, I've got it. I recorded it off TV when it originally aired and thought I lost it a few years back. Found it one day digging through old VHS tapes and dubbed it over to DVD. I have seen it for sale on like Amazon and wouldn't mind picking it up. I thought Anthony Michael Hall and Noah Wyle did decent jobs of portraying Gates and Jobs. And yes, while it is probably pretty far fetched it is a good look at how things were back then, even if some of it is fictional. I'm in the process of reading iWoz now as well.

Dig up a copy of "Pirates of Silicon Valley" for a hollywood-esque account of their misadventures. As far off as it gets at times, its still probably one of my most favorite movies. Woz is portrayed as a really jovial person who runs a dial-a-joke line from his dorm. He'd record a new joke every day and the call was free if you were local!

Sweet

That's awesome. Way to think on your toes. I'd take a Woz signature anyday. Funny, my dad sold Apple for JR Holcomb's for 25 years and oddly enough has Bill Gates original badge from a convention. He just asked him for it. Didn't Woz wait in line for an iPhone? Pretty cool guy, neat story.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
You should seriously consider getting the back of your phone sprayed with some sort of clear coat - that WON'T dissolve the Sharpie ink! It WILL wear off if you use it a lot...

That's really cool. You should also consider trying to figure out how to get Steve to sign it, too.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I must be the only person who has no clue who he is.
He literally invented the Apple personal computer in his youth. HP didn't want it, for whom he was under contract for at the time, they had first rights on his inventions. He and Steve later started making them out of Steve's parent's garage for mail order and the rest is history.

Probably the last true "American Dream" story of a rags to riches startup.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Great story, congrats! I have great respect for this man.

To help those who don't know who Woz is, his full name is Steve Wozniak. Now Google that :)

jakkyl

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
Yeah, I wish I could figure out a way to get Jobs to sign it also. I was considering ordering an InvisiShield for the phone and just put on the body cover, not the screen cover (I've read bad things about the screen cover)

You should seriously consider getting the back of your phone sprayed with some sort of clear coat - that WON'T dissolve the Sharpie ink! It WILL wear off if you use it a lot...

That's really cool. You should also consider trying to figure out how to get Steve to sign it, too.