WPA WiFi Connection Issue

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

trojan21

Jun 27, 2007
Hi guys, I've searched and tried various methods but still can't get my iPhone to connect to my wifi network. I'm at work and don't remember the type of wireless router that I have because my father gave me a spare one not too long ago because the old one wasn't syncing correctly with my modem. At any rate. I'm using a WPA-TKSP encryption but my iPhone keeps saying "can't connect" to my network. I remembered when I set up the router initially, there was no option for WEP, just WPA. The iPhone connects without encryption but that defeats the purpose of my wanting a secure network. Is there anyone else with the same problem that was able to resolve this predicament? I'm kind of frustrated that I can't log on to my own network.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Hi guys, I've searched and tried various methods but still can't get my iPhone to connect to my wifi network. I'm at work and don't remember the type of wireless router that I have because my father gave me a spare one not too long ago because the old one wasn't syncing correctly with my modem. At any rate. I'm using a WPA-TKSP encryption but my iPhone keeps saying "can't connect" to my network. I remembered when I set up the router initially, there was no option for WEP, just WPA. The iPhone connects without encryption but that defeats the purpose of my wanting a secure network. Is there anyone else with the same problem that was able to resolve this predicament? I'm kind of frustrated that I can't log on to my own network.
i had the same issue with wpa all i did was add the mac address of the phone to the router and it was all good. Also update your iPhone to the new version

trojan21

Jun 27, 2007
mcaram16, thanks! I have updated my phone to the new version. I hope it wasn't something as simple as this (or I'll feel dumb), I'll find out later tonight when I get home.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
i use WPA-personal and have no troubles... make sure your router doesn't have a cap to how many connections can be made