Wrong Album Art for songs when using iPhone iPod

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Some of my songs are coming up with wrong album covers, I have been trying to redo the album covers in iTunes which I succeed in changing and the new album covers does come up when I sync and scroll through the artist but when I actually play the song the wrong album cover still pops up.
Anybody have any idea why this is happening? I have searched Apple support and this site but can't find any answers. Please help, it's embarrasing when I am showing off my iPhone to someone and they always point out some of my album covers don't match the song or artist.:(

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
It's been happening to a lot of people. Happened to me. I deleted the offending albums/songs from my iPhone playlist, synced, re-added the albums/songs to my iPhone playlist, synced and everything was fine.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
The only thing I have been able to do is go through songs and albums one by one and reassign album covers. Slow process but better than the embarrassment. At least I know it's not just my phone because I was worried about that.

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I noticed that if two albums have the same name - like "Greatest Hits" - when placing on the iPhone the two albums with this name will get combined onto one album. The album combined seems to be the first in the list in the album view on the iPhone. I simply went back and changed the name of one of the albums and VOILA - no more combining of songs.

If you are using "get info" in iTunes to add new album art, you should select all the songs of an album and the paste the album art into the get info spot to change all the songs of the album. One left off and the iPhone will not have the album art present for its display.