Wrong Siri suggestions

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Sanjeev, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

When I swipe left to see the apps which I have used lately and the calls I have made recently then I observe Siri suggests me those contacts in suggested contacts which I seldom call them. Even the suggested apps are not the one which I frequently use. In iOS 8 it was very precise and to the point. But iOS 9 is behaving differently.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I don't think these will be anywhere near as accurate as we would like them to be anytime soon. In my opinion, the only thing remotely useful on that screen is the "News" section.

If you are looking for suggestions on whom to call, text, or e-mail, I think your time would be better spent by going to your call history, text history, etc.

You can turn off these so-called Siri Suggestions* by going to Settings > General > Spotlight Search > Siri Suggestions > Off, but unfortunately, doing so will not free up any space on that particular screen for something potentially more useful.

*Important note: The suggestions on this screen are not true Siri suggestions. Siri has absolutely no idea whom you should call, or what app you should launch, for that matter, if you try to ask her. "She" (the Siri component of iOS) is blissfully unaware of the existence of this screen; maybe Apple will correct this in a future iOS version, so that she will verbally provide the same suggestions that are currently being passed off as Siri suggestions on the Spotlight Search screen. The best I got by asking Siri (see screenshot below) was that she showed me my call history, which just underscores what I stated above: If you need a suggestion on whom to call, check your call history.

whomshouldIcall.jpg whatappshouldIlaunch.jpg

#2 Rafagon, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  3. Anthony Carver

Bronze

I have tried this, but still of no use, any other solution.