WTF eic?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I thought we just talked about this... Now I can't see anything from my iPhone on this new site. Very disappointed. Anyway to go back to the way it was? This is ten times more difficult than I imagined it could ever be.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
As per my post, the old template will be available in the next day or so. In the end, you'll have a choice between both mobile versions.

Last edited:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I understand the need for both, but I have to figure out the best way to make this happen. I'm hoping that will be sooner than later....most likely by tomorrow.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I thought we just talked about this... Now I can't see anything from my iPhone on this new site. Very disappointed. Anyway to go back to the way it was? This is ten times more difficult than I imagined it could ever be.
It's all fixed. Just scroll down to the bottom of the new template and select "Old Template". If you decide you want more of the new style, then clear your cache and point Safari to forums.everythingicafe.com. You'll revert back to the old, or should I say new template.

-Chris

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
It's all fixed. Just scroll down to the bottom of the new template and select "Old Template". If you decide you want more of the new style, then clear your cache and point Safari to forums.everythingicafe.com. You'll revert back to the old, or should I say new template.

-Chris

Sorry, Chris...I guesss I was spooked when I saw the new format. I shouldnt have jumped to conclusions and just waited until I got home to figure all this out...

Thanks again for everything Please don't think I'm kicking the gift horse in the mouth!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Sorry, Chris...I guesss I was spooked when I saw the new format. I shouldnt have jumped to conclusions and just waited until I got home to figure all this out...

Thanks again for everything Please don't think I'm kicking the gift horse in the mouth!
All you have to know is that I need the old version to moderate the site when I'm on my iPhone, so you know it was bound to get fixed sooner than later.

But of course, I did fix it for you.;)

AntonChigurh

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
A suggestion for the iPhone formatted site:

I found this very annoying in many iPhone formatted sites that they kick you back to the top of the site when it's done loading. Many times I scroll down to read things while it's still downloading but as soon as it's done it shoots me back to the top, and I lose my place. I've noticed the EIC iPhone website does this also. ESPN's iPhone site does not do that, it lets you stay in the same spot.

I was wondering if it would be possible to stop the kick back to the top of this site. Sorry if this does not make clear sense.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
A suggestion for the iPhone formatted site:

I found this very annoying in many iPhone formatted sites that they kick you back to the top of the site when it's done loading. Many times I scroll down to read things while it's still downloading but as soon as it's done it shoots me back to the top, and I lose my place. I've noticed the EIC iPhone website does this also. ESPN's iPhone site does not do that, it lets you stay in the same spot.

I was wondering if it would be possible to stop the kick back to the top of this site. Sorry if this does not make clear sense.
Yes! it does, and i agree!

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Chris I think you did a wonderful job on the Mobile EIC site, great work & thank you. Now we just need a funky new Web App icon for our iPhone home screen (Something to distinguish EIC Mobile from, The Full EIC Version). Thanks Chris, for keeping EIC up to date with the latest, greatest technology. Mark

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
I seem to have lost the ability to get to the new iphone-formatted site. No matter what I do, I can only get to the full site. From the blog entry, forums.everythingicafe.com should do the trick. No love with that URL. I've closed all my browser windows and opened a new one, to no avail. :-(

(edit: it worked for me this morning and early afternoon)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I seem to have lost the ability to get to the new iphone-formatted site. No matter what I do, I can only get to the full site. From the blog entry, forums.everythingicafe.com should do the trick. No love with that URL. I've closed all my browser windows and opened a new one, to no avail. :-(

(edit: it worked for me this morning and early afternoon)
Clear your cache in mobile Safari and then type the above URL. Of course, you cannot access from your desktop.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Clear your cache in mobile Safari and then type the above URL. Of course, you cannot access from your desktop.
Clear my whole cache just to get to the mobile-formatted version?

Maybe it's me, but the last time (the only other time) I cleared my cache, I lost all my stored passwords. Then, every pwd-protected web site I went to, I had to re-type my credentials. It's not the end of the world, but such a pain.

Oh, and yes, this is all happening on my iPhone (not my desktop). ;)

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
I like the new format. Very simple. I have no need for advanced posting when on my phone and this is simple and to the point. Just can't figure out how to give thanks on it. Btw, everyone is refering to this old mobile site? All I ever got before was the same page I got on my laptop before this one.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Clear my whole cache just to get to the mobile-formatted version?

Maybe it's me, but the last time (the only other time) I cleared my cache, I lost all my stored passwords. Then, every pwd-protected web site I went to, I had to re-type my credentials. It's not the end of the world, but such a pain.

Oh, and yes, this is all happening on my iPhone (not my desktop). ;)
Clearing cookies will lose your passwords, not your cache.