WTF, OMG, LOL SMS icons?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I got a pm requesting a WTF icon and it just so happened my sis asked for an OMG icon, so without further ado I give you WTF, OMG, LOL and ;)

Update

New Thread:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/smscandy-sms-icons-take-2.9564/

I have recently discovered, for about the 5th time, that the icons I was making were not the correct size. I didn't realize this because I assumed the source files I was working from were correct. These files were the iPhone Apper PSD file thats available for download on the site, and the modmyiPhone stock icons. So take notice, if you are using that very psd file, or using stock replacement icons from modmyiPhone they are not accurate, they may be based on early versions or something but their dimensions and colors are all wrong.

Below you can see an example of the original stock icon i modified from modmyiPhone compared to my reproduction of the SMS icon from a screen capture using Dock. I recreated this icon pixel for pixel, it may be off a shade here or there, but dimensions wise it's exact. You'll also notice that the modmyiPhone image's color is not as vibrant as the actual icon/reproduction.

In any case, I will be updating this thread with the correct looking icons that I'm remaking at the moment, on top of fanciers version that has a much more candy look to it:

The fixed WTF and new SMS icon are attatched

Last edited by a moderator:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks guys, but I've run into a little snag :(

I think this is the LAST snag I will ever come across in my icon making days from now on though. I've been using other people's icons as my base files and building off of them until it's something I can call my own. I've done this over the span of like 5 revisions until I finally noticed there was a difference between what one site's version of a "stock" icon looked like, and the actual one. Well, they looked totally different, and I had just based all my icons off that new template too!

Anyway, I finally used Dock to take a screen grab and base my icon off that. I recreated it pixel by pixel so i'm fairly sure I won't ever have any problems with dimensions anymore, which are 59x60 btw, yeah, 59.

So, long story short, I'm redoing ALL of my icons based on this final template. I've taken down the icons here and have posted some examples of the difference above, as well as a sample of some new candy versions of the SMS icon. I'm going to do both styles, stock looking, and the candy version. I'll have more hopefully by this evening.

Check the top post for the new icons.

craaze

Jun 16, 2010
Faketext is a hot new app that allow you to hide your real text messages on your iPhone. Check it out at faketext.com, you can go there straight from your iPhone since it is a webapp and is free.