WTF? Phone went to "Connect to iTunes" over-night

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Ok, so has anyone else had this happen? I get up this morning and my phone, which was on the charger all night, has the connect to iTunes logo and is in Emergency mode - but my alarms were still activating as normal.
I rebooted and it came up fine but had a message "iPhone activated" on it after it hit the home screen. I went and sync'd real quick to make sure I had a current backup of my profile, but it's been fine since the reboot. It was a little slow last night around 2, right before I went to bed, but I haven't rebooted in a couple days, so I just attributed the problems to that.
I am curious to know if anyone else has experienced this, or if anyone has any insight into this.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
To spontaneously go into emergency mode...very odd, hasn't happened to me Hawk, but if the reboot fixed it i wouldn't even worry about it, probably a fluke of some kind and most likely wont happen again.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Happened to me too. I was at work. I just connected to my pc when I got home, synced and all was well. I am happy to know that a simple reboot fixed your issue in case I am not near my pc if it should happen again. I didn't even try the reboot :(
Only thing I wondered about...did it happen because I hadn't synced in about 2 weeks. I do not let that much time lapse between syncs anymore. It has never happened again nor do I notice any change in performance.

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Mine was in safe mode when I woke up this morning. I hit the button to reboot but it locked up the phone on the lockscreen. It gives me the spinning wheel of death. Weird thing is if i take out the sim card the phone operates as normal. If I put the sim in it gives me the wheel again. I'll have to try a restore when i get home.

Oh the sim works fine in my back up phone i keep in my desk.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It happened to me before with no adverse effect. I would guess that it has something to do with the Sim card unseating slightly, but who knows. I wouldn't worry about it.