WTF..this phone is garbage

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
This phone is a real piece of crap! Nothing works anymore since 2.0.2! My email accounts can't connect ever...doesn't matter if i'm on edge, 3g or wifi! It keeps freezing.....i've rebooted and restored at least 15 times since this update! This phone is about 10 seconds away from being blown up!~!

seamustry

Aug 12, 2008
then go and return it, if you don't like it...

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
its not that i don't like the phone..i liked when it worked! I already returned it twice and got new one's...its obviously not the "phone" its the hardware/software!

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
I don't understand how many people can get so many problems with there phones, Ive had both V1 and 3G straight from the box and both have been fine! Maybe im lucky.

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I don't understand how many people can get so many problems with there phones, Ive had both V1 and 3G straight from the box and both have been fine! Maybe im lucky.
You are, I had no problem with my v1 iPhone. Now with my 3G im on my second iPhone in 3 weeks and I might return this one because the lock button is flush with my phone and I have to press it really hard to lock it.

Survivor61

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Shall we start another class action? ;)

Only in America.
yes, I was gonna say, there is already one pending lol. Im not gonna go into details but I will say my V1 had a lot less issues them my new 3g has. I have patients tho, so I am willing to hang on and see if Apple can get things fixed.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Personally I think Apple needs to decide if it's a software company, or hardware company. It's not done a very good job at all being a software company and really should give it up. Let Microsoft take over or something!

There are hardly any problems with Windoze mobile, compared to Mobile OSX.

yes, I was gonna say, there is already one pending lol. Im not gonna go into details but I will say my V1 had a lot less issues them my new 3g has. I have patients tho, so I am willing to hang on and see if Apple can get things fixed.

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
go return it if you don't like it? but what about those after 30days? and the restocking fee?

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
yes, I was gonna say, there is already one pending lol. Im not gonna go into details but I will say my V1 had a lot less issues them my new 3g has. I have PATIENCE tho, so I am willing to hang on and see if Apple can get things fixed.

FIFY. It confused me.

Aug 8, 2007
i agree. i think the phone is garbage also, the V1 didn't have issues like this..

So i sold mine and went back to the V1 ( which is workin wonderful)..

ill buy another in Jan, when they work out the issues..

shame on me for buying early..

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
its not that i don't like the phone..i liked when it worked! I already returned it twice and got new one's...its obviously not the "phone" its the hardware/software!
Are you getting refurbished phones? I can understand one maybe two not working but it sounds like your on your third phone. If it were me I'd keep taking it back till they;

A) Gave me one that worked or

B) Gave me my money back.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
No problems on my V1 or 3G
Been working like a charm
Go Apple Go

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
I went on the first Iday and picked up a v1 8gig. It worked well and I had only one issue with the mute button. They replaced the phone. I have a 150 dollar Apple gift card burning a hole in my pocket. I have been to my local Apple store(s) about 10 times. However, I have not been able to part with my v1.

Today for example I played with some 3g iPhones in the local store. I turned off their wifi and enabled 3g, and then I compared their connection speed to my v1 running edge. I used inetworktest.com/results. My v1 had faster download speeds then 3 of the iPhones with version 2.0 software. The one phone I tested with version 2.0.1 updated software had faster speeds then my phone. I did not look at all the iPhones there but none that I tested had 2.0.2. I thought that was interesting. I left with my v1 in a new case.

I really am not sure if I will get this new phone or wait for something better to come along....