Wtfbbq?

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
How was I running on 3G yesterday, but this morning I wake up to realize that I've been downgraded to Edge?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
How was I running on 3G yesterday, but this morning I wake up to realize that I've been downgraded to Edge?
um, you weren't downgraded to anything. If your phone is not getting good 3g reception it will bounce back to EDGE. It will constantly search for a 3g signal and when it is getting good 3g reception again will revert back.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
um, you weren't downgraded to anything. If your phone is not getting good 3g reception it will bounce back to EDGE. It will constantly search for a 3g signal and when it is getting good 3g reception again will revert back.
I get around 3 bars of 3G where i work, I was just there 30 minutes ago and was on 2 bars of Edge

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
the bars will vary as will reception based on many factors. I typically get 4 bars of 3g here at my work place but right now I am on EDGE. Weather, wind, intereference, network problems anything can effect your reception. You have not been downgraded I can assure you. In fact, if you have a 3g capable phone, there is no such thing as an EDGE vs. 3g plan. It will by default pick up the best available signal.

Also check in your settings to make sure 3g is not turned off.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
the bars will vary as will reception based on many factors. I typically get 4 bars of 3g here at my work place but right now I am on EDGE. Weather, wind, intereference, network problems anything can effect your reception. You have not been downgraded I can assure you. In fact, if you have a 3g capable phone, there is no such thing as an EDGE vs. 3g plan. It will by default pick up the best available signal.

Also check in your settings to make sure 3g is not turned off.
I just checked Settings, and 3G is indeed enabled. Hmm, ok, we have been getting some crazy weather recently. Thanks :cool:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
What the title of this thread supposed to be "what the f*** barbeque", or was it just random letters?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Okkkkk?
I thought you took your iPhone to a BBQ and you started a fire or something and posted pictures.
I think a more appropriate title would have been wtfEDGE or wtf3g....just a suggestion and maybe posted in 3g questions threads would have found you more answers although Aggie explained it pretty well.