Wunder Radio now gets Sirius

Shlov1

Bronze
Jan 12, 2009
So this morning I noticed an update for WunderRadio and it says that it now supports Sirius. Sure enough I can listen to the Stern Show on there (you must have a Sirius account). It seems to work just like Pocket Radio with a web browser on there. But it seems the interface works better in Pocket Radio since I can't seem to save a specific station. Granted I've only tried it a few times this morning so far. Sound quality seems a little better than on Pocket Radio. Any one else explore this yet. And figure out how to save Sirius stations as your favorites? At least this helps tide us over a little better until the Sirius App comes out hopefully in the next few weeks.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Thanks, Shlov1. Been using Pocket Tunes for a while now to listen to Sirius. Biggest problem has been buffering. Updating Wunder Radio now to see how that compares.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Wunder radio is not a good substitute for Pocket Tunes. The biggest issue concerns the ability to remember the link to the Sirius radio station. Using Wunder Radio, you have to log in each time to Sirius, then hunt for the particular channel. The favorites button will lead to a dead link.

Using Pocket Radio, you log in to Sirius once, select the Sirius station, and add it as a favorite.

Wunder Radio may buffer the station better, but the number of steps to get to a working station (every time AT&T's perfect coverage goes dark), is a hassle.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Good input thanks. probably saved me 6bucks. Considering all 3G connections are different can you give us an idea how often your Sirius has to buffer? Is it once every 5 minutes? 10 minutes?

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Isn't Sirius releasing a stand alone app for the iPhone this month?