WunderRadio - amazing streaming radio app

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
This is the first app I've paid for (it's $5.99)

But this plays almost any internet radio station.

It's great since I live in Dallas but am a Detroit sports fan.. finally I can listen to WDFN AM1130 (it's not on AOL Radio).

Check it out

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
How does it compare to Tuner?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
WunderRadio pretty much blows away all the other radio apps out there. The selection of available stations is incredible, including quite a few scanner options as well. Yesterday, I was listening to the Maricopa County, Arizona sheriff's department scanner for a while for sh!ts and grins. Also, the developer, Alan Sterememberg, is very accessible as far as questions and customer service go.

And, for jarofclay73, I count 23 Honolulu stations available through this app.

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
Oh wow, I didn't see the sheriff dept scanners on there... I did listen to the NOAA weather radio for my local area.. pretty sweet.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
scottjf8, does it have the station Electrobox out of Washington State Seattle area? I love that station and AOL radio doesn't have it.

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
I don't see it. What call letters or frequency is it?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I read the reviews, and checked out the list of radio sites listed on Radiotime.com. Although I have a couple of more stations than I had previously with Tuner, there are still several stations it simply won't pick up. If you go the urls for these radio stations, you will see that they stream radio using a flash-based player.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Not all the stations in Honolulu actually worked but a good number of them did. I need to take time to really search for some good stations out there.

Thanks!

piyf420

Bronze
Jun 19, 2008
While this does cost money and the AOL one doesn't it just blows it away. I don't know about other radio apps. But this one atleast had a url to show you what stations it picks up and wow. If you live in Houston it picks up EVERYTHING. And even the AM side for all the sports shows and talk radio. Now I can hook it up to my car system and listen to the local stations when I'm on my way to El Paso. This App is the shizzle.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Some apps actually are worth the money.
This one is. It will be the radio app to beat for some time. Although, I bet the price will come down once they make a couple mil. off it.

As far as comparisons to Pandora.... don't. Totally different interfaces/intentions.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
This one is. It will be the radio app to beat for some time. Although, I bet the price will come down once they make a couple mil. off it.

As far as comparisons to Pandora.... don't. Totally different interfaces/intentions.
yes, Pandora is awesome. Wunder is the first radio app that gets all the stations I want, not just the CBS ones.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
The problem with sports on internet radio (at least NFL games) is that live play-by-play is locked out. I guess I need an XM or Sirius subscription to get those on the go (I forget which is the NFL's choice)

piyf420

Bronze
Jun 19, 2008
The problem with sports on internet radio (at least NFL games) is that live play-by-play is locked out. I guess I need an XM or Sirius subscription to get those on the go (I forget which is the NFL's choice)

It's any major sport, atleast the main 3. NBA, NFL and MLB. ANytime you listen to your local radio station and a game comes on it will go to another show.