WUT is up with this Apple BT Headset delay?

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I ordered mine a few days ago and they are saying it's not even going to ship until late august!

What the heck is taking so long getting this thing to market? I mean if they can get something as cool as the iPhone out can they not get a little BT headset out as well?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Maybe they're using a different supplier or maybe they had to wait until the iPhone development was completed before designing the headset.

edmartin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I ordered mine a few days ago and they are saying it's not even going to ship until late august!

What the heck is taking so long getting this thing to market? I mean if they can get something as cool as the iPhone out can they not get a little BT headset out as well?
Based on no insider info (just connecting some dots), I would think that maybe the delay in new hardware is tied to a need for a BT update which would come as part of a "v1.1" software update.

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
Based on no insider info (just connecting some dots), I would think that maybe the delay in new hardware is tied to a need for a BT update which would come as part of a "v1.1" software update.
I'm not sure about that. If that was the case, I doubt Apple would say that the Bluetooth headset will be shipped in a few weeks. Normally they don't constrain themselves to time like that.

It is like any new Apple product, it takes some time to stock them before they open the floodgates and release them.

I'm sure we'll see them being delivered soon.

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA

well i don't know what your talking about because here is what mine says

Jun 30, 2007 at 07:39 AM PDT
- Order number W********

Not yet shipped
Product Qty. iPhone DUAL DOCK-USA
Ships by: Jul 31
Delivers by: Aug 6

1 iPhone BLUETOOTH HEADSET-USA

1so there it is.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007

- Order number W********

Not yet shipped

1so there it is.
I'm sure it was first come first serve. I didn't place my order until July 18.

Doc Holiday

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Las Vegas

- Order number W********

Not yet shipped

1so there it is.
I hope that's the case, but those dates aren't set in stone. If there is a delay, you will get an e-mail with revised ship & delivery dates. I know this from past ordering from Apple. I hope you get your's as stated, I'm looking forward to getting mine soon too and keeping my fingers crossed that there's no delays!

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
When I was getting my iPhone, a guy that works for Apple (not in the store, but something else pretty high ranking, from what I could over hear) said to his friend/co-worker that Apple had some sort of bug in the BT headset and it was delayed until August...

Eh- take it for what it's worth. Just something I overheard...

Bakerman

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
PA/USA
Mine says ships by 7/31, delivered by 8/3.

I guess we will just have to see what happens.

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I hope that's the case, but those dates aren't set in stone. If there is a delay, you will get an e-mail with revised ship & delivery dates. I know this from past ordering from Apple. I hope you get your's as stated, I'm looking forward to getting mine soon too and keeping my fingers crossed that there's no delays!

same here man