WWDC 2016 dicussion

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Apple will live stream the WWDC 2016 keynote, as I previously stated on a different thread.

If you're not busy and would like to watch it live, please do so per the instructions at the linked site above, and please use this thread to discuss/comment on the Keynote as it happens.

I hope everyone enjoys the WWDC 2016 keynote!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Wow, I thought there’d be more participants here. Oh well, I tried: I created the thread for WWDC discussion.

Unfortunately, I was running errands and just got home (I know the keynote is already underway). I expected the discussion on this thread to have had a strong start by now, but that is obviously not the case.

I guess I’ll watch the Keynote later, on my own. No use in hanging out here on eiC for discussion; after all, there’s only one post other than mine. People have obviously found better forums to hang out at.

*sigh*

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I'm growing tumescent with anticipation, at the prospect of watching the keynote later on.

Okay, okay, I borrowed that phrase from Hank on Breaking Bad. Sue me, b--ch!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Some of the new 'features' in iOS 10 sure seem.... Gimmicky....
OH GOODIE!!! Yet MORE things you can do with emoji's & flashy texts, blah blah blah

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Some of the new 'features' in iOS 10 sure seem.... Gimmicky....
OH GOODIE!!! Yet MORE things you can do with emoji's & flashy texts, blah blah blah
Exactly! Most of the iMessage features looked made for the young Snapchat crowd. I didn't see anything really useful. I did like the updated lock screen and Control Center.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I honestly have no idea what that means. Are you going to modify me?...Please elaborate.
I believe he is referring to your violation of the forum's policy on foul language. Does "Sue me, b--ch!" ring any bells? Funny how the word bastard is cool though. Whatever, rules are rules however arbitrary.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I believe he is referring to your violation of the forum's policy on foul language. Does "Sue me, b--ch!" ring any bells? Funny how the word bastard is cool though. Whatever, rules are rules however arbitrary.
Forget it. I give up on him. He can go on my ignore list.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Forget it. I give up on him. He can go on my ignore list.
I don't think you can ignore anyone, as you're a moderator. If you do, you couldn't keep tabs on them to make sure that they don't break any rules! :)

Sorry about the b word earlier, I forgot that was on the list. So used to hearing it on basically every prime-time network TV show that I forget it's offensive to some people!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Game Center is going bye-bye in iOS 10? What a shame! It's not that I like Game Center that much, but I really like the alert sound when someone adds you as a friend (or accepts your friend request).

Ta-ta-ta-TAH ta-TAH!

It's one of the coolest alert sounds on iOS. Really gonna miss it.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I forgot that was on the list. So used to hearing it on basically every prime-time network TV show that I forget it's offensive to some people!
That doesn't wash. If you really thought it wasn't on the list you wouldn't have bothered going to the trouble of hyphenating.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
That doesn't wash. If you really thought it wasn't on the list you wouldn't have bothered going to the trouble of hyphenating.
I guess you're right! Frankly, I don't recall what was going through my mind at that moment. I should've been more careful. Apologies to whoever may have been offended.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
For busy lifestyles: Here’s everything Apple introduced in yestesrday’s two-hour presentation in just 7 minutes:

…Because sometimes, you only have 4 minutes to save the world.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I know this was supposed to be for software but I was extremely disappointed at the lack of news regarding MacBook Pro and Air laptops :( iOS 10 was meh...