What do you think?

• Neither?!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I'm gonna guess a announcement with late release around september.

Just wondering what the majority here thinks.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Can i ask something?

why does everyone think that there will be a 3G iPhone this year?

How long did it take for the iPod to become the second generation?

Or even, how long did it take the 5G iPod to become the 5.5G?

I don't think that there will be a new iPhone soon.

Apple is making a HUGE amount of money by selling iPhones.

i know that they have made at least $4000 from us,

as we buy them and i unlock them, and we send them to Russia for resale,

And I don't do that many iPhones, and many others send many, many more to other countries.

Do you really care that much about 3G?

do you really care that much about a better camera?

Well guess what?

I don't think Apple cares as much as you do.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Can i ask something?

And I don't do that many iPhones, and many others send many, many more to other countries.

Well guess what?

Aside from these:
http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/29/atandt-ceo-outs-3g-iphone-youll-have-it-next-year/
http://www.talkiPhone.com/3g-iphone-earlier-release-333/
http://news.worldofApple.com/archives/2008/04/02/att-ceo-3g-iphone-in-next-couple-of-months/
Apple doesn't hold off on releasing a product simply because they're making money currently. Did they need to release a 160 GB iPod Classic? Of course not, but people are going to buy them. I bought one. I love it. I also had 2 nanos, a mini, and a regular 60 GB iPod. Apple is out to make money and as a result they're going to continue releasing new products, just as car companies make new models every year.

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
wow i made it 50/50 i hope it will be a release

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
Can i ask something?

Well guess what?

The only reason 3G wasn't released is b/c of its massive battery usage. Alot f ppl are held back from buying b/c of edge and Apple knows they need upgrade their most used aspect.(Internet/data)
it must be noted that every aspect will most likly stay the same.as far as the phone looks except for the outer appearance that may change The UI. Won't. Change,, so no. Copy/past and all other wanted things.
maybe in another years time an actual 2nd Generation iPhone will be released.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
The only reason 3G wasn't released is b/c of its massive battery usage. Alot f ppl are held back from buying b/c of edge and Apple knows they need upgrade their most used aspect.(Internet/data)
it must be noted that every aspect will most likly stay the same.as far as the phone looks except for the outer appearance that may change The UI. Won't. Change,, so no. Copy/past and all other wanted things.
maybe in another years time an actual 2nd Generation iPhone will be released.
Think from Jobs' perspective for a second.

He looks at his charts, and sees that there were 2.315 MILLION iPhones sold, just in Q1 of 2008!

Q3 and Q4 combined of 2007 made up only about 1.8 Million iPhones.

So, what does he make of this?

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

It works now perfectly, although people "complain" there is no 3G or copy and paste, there are more people buying them NOW than there was since the launch.

So do you honestly think that Steve is going to screw over 4 million people just to release 3G?

i think not. not so soon, at least. Think back in August, when Apple lowered the prices.

Now, the prices will be almost the same, for 3G, and tri(quad)riple the storage!

There will be blood.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm guessing the make the announcement and release at the end of June again.

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
I don't think he believes that he would be screwing ppl over he sees a industry change to 3G and needs to capitalize
When u say don't fix if not broken I agree with that.100% but 3G isn't a fix its an improvment. A *fix* would be a 2nd generation iPhone with new UI and stuff ppl complained about since the release. now that I could see being held off for another year or so while the phone is still fresh.
think of a car and power steering. When it came around car companies didn't just change the whole designs of the cars for it.. They just added it in and let their style fade

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Wow, Sam, I think I disagree with you for the first time. There's no good reason for a new version of iPhone not to be released, imo. More flash, faster cpu, 3G, etc. All hardware upgrades. Then they make MORE $$ from us upgrading, plus all the people that held out b/c of the hardware things listed, PLUS all the businesss users. Seems like a triple win to me. ALSO they get new customers (ATT) b/c of people like me who'll sell their current phone in order to upgrade.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
There is a first time for everything.

But the thing is, I think I hadnt realized earlier, is that we are in a Mobile Phone industry, rather than a Computer or MP3 Player industry, so we simply cannot have precedents that carry over from said markets.

The mobile phone industry changes very rapidly, and companies such as Nokia, Samsung, Siemens, etc, don't wait to release something that is much sleeker, faster, and better than their flagman model which was released 7-8 months before.

I think, and this is only me speaking, that Apple took an example from other comanies, such as Nokia, etc, and applied it to us, just we now realize it, because we never really cared for the others that much, and Apple has only 1 phone, while other companies have tens.

that is me talking after a 3-hour sleep.

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
Wow, Sam, I think I disagree with you for the first time. There's no good reason for a new version of iPhone, imo. More flash, faster cpu, 3G, etc. All hardware upgrades. Then they make MORE $$ from us upgrading, plus all the people that held out b/c of the hardware things listed, PLUS all the businesss users. Seems like a triple win to me. ALSO they get new customers (ATT) b/c of people like me who'll sell their current phone in order to upgrade.
I don't understand this post. Too fragmenty(word)? Please rephrase

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I think it will be announced and as I said last year will be released between late june-august. Hopefully june.

There is no way it wil not come out this year so just get that thought out of your head.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I don't understand this post. Too fragmenty(word)? Please rephrase
Wow, Sam, I think I disagree with you for the first time.
-I disagree with Sam

There's no good reason for a new version of iPhone, imo.
-I can't think of a reason that would prohibit a new version of the iPhone, in my opinion (IMO).

More flash, faster cpu, 3G, etc.
-There should be more room to store crap, a faster processor, 3G and so on, in the new version.

All hardware upgrades.
-The list before are all hardware upgrades, not software upgrades, thus equaling a new product.

Then they make MORE $$ from us upgrading, plus all the people that held out b/c of the hardware things listed, PLUS all the businesss users.
-Apple will make more money from existing iPhone owners who want to upgrade. Apple will more money from the potential customers who didn't not feel the phone met their needs, but feel the new version does meet their needs. Apple will make more money from businesss owners who will buy the phone now because of the new software coming out in June.

Seems like a triple win to me.
- I just listed 3 ways that Apple will make more money.

ALSO they get new customers (ATT) b/c of people like me who'll sell their current phone in order to upgrade.
-AT&T will make more money from new customers, because current owners will sell their used phones to non customers who will then sign up with AT&T in order to use the iPhone.

How does that work for you? I thought it was pretty self explanatory the first time around though. Sam seemed to catch on, and he's 15. :p

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
hahaha ok I see what your saying. The first time it sounded to me like u didn't feel the need for a newer iPhone but then went on a list about what a newer iPhone needs to have. Almost sounded contridicting

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
hahaha ok I see what your saying. The first time it sounded to me like u didn't feel the need for a newer iPhone but then went on a list about what a newer iPhone needs to have. Almost sounded contridicting
lol - read it again, boy I'm retarded. yes, you're right.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Apple doesn't consider current owners when modifying or releasing a product. I believe we saw an example of that with the price drop.