X preorder thread

Discussion in 'iPhone X' started by snowtrooper1966, Oct 27, 2017.

1. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Sprint’s site was a nightmare, took 37 minutes to get the oder processed for two 64 GB X’s, one Silver one Grey.
    I did qualify for the FlexPay/trade-in promotion of 350 off, so will only be paying 22 monthly each.
    Did not get any shipping estimate....
    In the 36 minutes prior to order processing without crashing, I jumped on Apple app and started upgrade there, got as far as “checking for carrier eligibility” page, but it just spun since the Sprint servers were offline.
    That’s when I made progress on the Sprint page, and got as far as selecting line, but when I did it errorred out saying “order pending”.
    D’oh!
    I was able to cancel in Apple app, and after selecting the mrs line and doing hers, both my lines showed up in the basket.
    I could not press process order fast enough...

E6D5CD97-E584-4889-AAE2-87E86520BA02.jpeg

#1 snowtrooper1966, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

What sort of delivery date did you get, @snowtrooper1966?

Ordered my 256GB space gray X from Apple using the Apple Store app. All was going swimmingly until I was told I had an incorrect address. It turned out that I needed to put in my 9-digit zip code to match what AT&T had on file.

I have a Nov 17-24 delivery window, and I'm fine with that. With any luck, the phone will ship sooner than that. It happens fairly often that way, with Apple underpromising and overdelivering.

3. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Items to be Shipped
    Shipment 1
    Ships: 2–3 weeks
    Delivers: Nov 17 - Nov 24 by Standard Shipping
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

iPhone X 256GB Silver (GSM),

4. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I ordered Silver 256GB with Apple Nov 17-24 delivery
    I ordered another with BestBuy who said Nov 3rd (I am very vary with this estimate)
    The guy at the BesrtBuy mobile store in the Mall took my name for his list. I was 1st for the Silver 256 GB he will call when he can see his orders coming to the store.
    Let's wait and see... Like Naps I believe Apple did hold back and may ship earlier,

5. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

I ordered through Apple Store App and had to get approved for iPhone Upgrade Program. In that process it made me re-enter all my details, name, address, phone, payment details even though I had everything updated through my Apple ID. Luckily it all went well and I am currently showing a Nov 3 delivery. Good luck to everyone. Naps I hope you and Mindi both have yours in hand when she makes it out to visit.

6. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

I ordered 3 space grey, 64GB iPhones and a single 256GB space grey iphone for myself, my husband, and two of our employees. I had trouble with both the Verizon site and the Apple app. For the 64GB phones I got a Nov. 22 date and for the 256GB I got a Dec. 1 date. Of course, the December date is for my phone. Honestly, I think it’ll come sooner than that. I’ve gotten November and December dates in the past and then had the phone on launch day, so I’m hoping for similar results this one around. If not, my 7 Plus is perfectly fine in the meantime.

I never got completely through on the Apple app. I did get a reservation number but haven’t received the email yet saying that they’ve reached my carrier. Since I did finally get through on the Verizon site (at 4:09 AM) I’m assuming that Apple will cancel my reservation, but I’ve never had that happen before so I don’t know for sure.

7. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

I miss these threads! Woke up 3am EST and somehow got through for the first time in years! Went with the 256GB - I'll likely be heading to the local UPS Hub on release morning!

22791973_10108829392708119_4092149742105133084_o.jpg

8. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

I woke at 3am ordered a silver 64gb on Verizon. Didn't get the receipt but I saw the device payment plans amounts?? Is this normal? I want the receipt lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

It is a little after 4 am here in Alaska. Because I decided on the 8 Plus this year, I completely forgot about the madness last night. I went to bed around 1130(preorders started at 11 PM here) without even thinking about preorders.

When I realized a few minutes ago, I checked the Apple store and they were showing 5-6 weeks til shipping now.

I then told my wife I needed to run over to the local AT&T store to check out the line. Was in my truck before I realized this is PREORDER day, not LAUNCH day. I’ll have to go check the line next week.

10. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Did you change your avatar pic this morning? Haha just kidding! Happens to the best of us.

11. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Nah, I’ve had that one for awhile. That used to be my actual license plate. Until I got YODA. And BB 8 for my wife’s car.

Speaking of which, does everyone have there tickets for The Last Jedi yet?

12. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

I ordered and got confirmation but also got a message saying that I would get an email after Apple notified my provider (ATT). My original shipping date was 2-3 weeks. Will this now change after I get my final email from Apple?

13. snowtrooper1966

Gold

None yet
    But according to my thread in MacRumors, was one of the 1st few.
    Think we’ll be in the 1st wave for Sprint.

14. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

And here i am sitting on the sidelines. :(

Gonna go look at the darn thing on the 3rd and then figure out how to order if i like what i see and the wife likes it too.

So...March delivery for me? :(

15. luvit!

luvit! Member
    Bronze

Ordered the 64/Grey from ATT at 5am and ship date Nov 3-10.

16. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Zealot
    Silver

I ordered through att since it allow me to preorder the phone 11 minutes ahead of time. Estimated shipping date 11/03/17. Here is hoping that this true. Lol

17. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

Ordered two, one for me and one for wife, from ATT on ATT Next. It's expected to ship between December 2-18.

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Confirmation email? That's absolutely normal.

19. dallasjetfan

dallasjetfan Contributor
    Bronze

I ordered a Space Gray 256GB and I will be selling it on eBay. Hoping there will be a shortage.

20. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Got into the app at 8:04 (UK) confirmation email at 8:05, 03/11 Delivery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro