iPhone X X preorder thread

Keukawater

Bronze
Sep 10, 2014
I ordered 3 space grey, 64GB iPhones and a single 256GB space grey iphone for myself, my husband, and two of our employees. I had trouble with both the Verizon site and the Apple app. For the 64GB phones I got a Nov. 22 date and for the 256GB I got a Dec. 1 date. Of course, the December date is for my phone. Honestly, I think it’ll come sooner than that. I’ve gotten November and December dates in the past and then had the phone on launch day, so I’m hoping for similar results this one around. If not, my 7 Plus is perfectly fine in the meantime.

I never got completely through on the Apple app. I did get a reservation number but haven’t received the email yet saying that they’ve reached my carrier. Since I did finally get through on the Verizon site (at 4:09 AM) I’m assuming that Apple will cancel my reservation, but I’ve never had that happen before so I don’t know for sure.
So I just got an email from Apple that they were able to confirm with my carrier and now I can complete my purchase. I must do so within a 24 hour period to “maintain delivery priority.” Does anyone have experience with this? If I continue with the Apple purchase, will they automatically my Verizon purchase? Or Can I continue with both and then just cancel whichever one doesn’t arrive first?

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
Did you get launch day delivery? I was gonna eBay too but couldn’t get nov 3 delivery
Yes. Seen them for over $2K. I won’t be greedy. Just want a little extra for my time and effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did my order with AT&T on my PC and my girlfriend did hers behind me on her Mac with Verizon. She had her 256GB Space Grey confirmed for 11/3 delivery by 3:04am. I was on a queue screen with AT&T doing an 18 minute countdown from 3:01 until 3:21 when they finally let me in to order. Within a minute I had conformation of my 256GB Space Grey for 11/3 delivery. Just took longer/

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Just had my status change from 'Order in Progress' to 'Preparing to Ship'. Have to get busy with case and screen protector ordering.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
I woke at 3am ordered a silver 64gb on Verizon. Didn't get the receipt but I saw the device payment plans amounts?? Is this normal? I want the receipt lol

Called Verizon, my order didn't go through!! Had to do it again, now November 15!! Ugh I hope it's sooner.

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
256gb Space Grey with a delivery of 11/3 @ 3:09

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Ordered two 64 GB Silvers. Apple store app was a breeze. AT&T, not so much. I used my iMac to order from at&t and every time it was my turn in the queue, it would say Safari can’t display the page and I’d have to start all over again. At 4:30 am I gave up and went to bed. I had already ordered from Apple so I was content. But in bed I opened the at&t app and it put me on a 10 minute wait so I waited, and was able to order another iPhone X. Whew! One of these is going on eBay!

Sprint was a total nightmare this year. I tried for over an hour and half then gave up since I have the 8+ already. Woke up around 7:30eastern and tried and got through with delivery of the 3rd. Seems Sprint had a large stock this year which was nice. iPhone x sg 64gb.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
@Muckcityjustin
Sprint reported avaialble inventory for launch day delivery of the 64GB models until 6PM EST & the 256GB’s until noon yesterday.
probably because the preorder process was so problematic.
If one were lucky enough to get in early, there was a decent chance it got canceled.