X preorder thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
@Muckcityjustin
Sprint reported avaialble inventory for launch day delivery of the 64GB models until 6PM EST & the 256GB’s until noon yesterday.
probably because the preorder process was so problematic.
If one were lucky enough to get in early, there was a decent chance it got canceled.

I’m hoping mine doesn’t get canceled. It still says pending with a 11/3 ship

memnautikus

Bronze
Nov 6, 2007
thomasville ga
I had ordered through att web site. Had all devices and macbook at att.com page. I kept getting kicked off. Over and over. By 4am I gave up. Told wife hey I'm done. The site sucks. So she stayed on at work while I slept. She finally got through. This is the weirdest crap. We got a 11/3 delivery date. And it's preparing to ship as of today. We ordered exactly at 4:16am. I expected to get delivery in the 2-3 week range. Wow. What luck. Totally excited.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Mine still says Preparing for Shipment and has since Saturday morning. Expecting it to change today (hopefully) to shipped. I know it will be here 11/3 but this time between preorders and arrival always have me on edge.

I also think there is just something fun about the discovery part of seeing the status of your order change from step to step, trying to find your shipment on UPS/FedEx before the shipping info is provided to you, etc. My yearly iPhone purchases are among the orders I look forward to the most every year.

EDIT: Just tried the 'ol track by reference trick (phone number as reference) on UPS website and lo and behold!

Last edited:

memnautikus

Bronze
Nov 6, 2007
thomasville ga
Mine still says Preparing for Shipment and has since Saturday morning. Expecting it to change today (hopefully) to shipped. I know it will be here 11/3 but this time between preorders and arrival always have me on edge.

I also think there is just something fun about the discovery part of seeing the status of your order change from step to step, trying to find your shipment on UPS/FedEx before the shipping info is provided to you, etc. My yearly iPhone purchases are among the orders I look forward to the most every year.

EDIT: Just tried the 'ol track by reference trick (phone number as reference) on UPS website and lo and behold!

Hahaha. That's awesome. There's Something about the items leaving China and waiting for them to get through customs just has me going a bit crazy. I used to hear stories about people who had theirs get to US, Go through customs, and for some reason had it sent back to China. I was laughing. It was going back and forth. I'm hoping to be one of the lucky ones who gets.the phone before the third. Lol. Maybe on the second. LMA.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I used to think it was stupid and somewhat immature to lock yourself into a delivery thread on a forum and track the plane your new iPhone was flying on.

I was wrong. Well, maybe it is stupid and somewhat immature to do that, but count me in! :D

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011

Mine says shipped as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
Well I’m late to the thread. I set my Apple Watch to wake me up at 2:55am so I could order as soon as it was possible on the east coast.
Couldn’t sign into Verizon website so I did everything on the Verizon app.
I ordered a space grey 256gb and was back in bed by 3:10 am. Very easy transition and got the email before I shut my eyes. Now just waiting for it to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Had to place a 2nd order since my 1st was just lingering as pending.

Was starting to question if 420PM CST last Thursday’s was still within the advertised (Sprint’s cutoff for the Silver 64GB X was 5pm EST) 11/3 delivery window.

This will be the 1st time since camping out for the 5 that the mrs and I both have the new device launch day....

9A01834B-E30B-470F-BEFE-70E55A483460.jpeg

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Well, my date still shows 11/17 - 11/24 but Apple just charged my credit card. I’m hoping it’s an actual charge and not just the periodic check some companies do to make sure you have money in the account. They never put a hold on my funds when I placed the order, so fingers are crossed.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
My local AT&T store had no line when I drove by at 6:30 am today. Just a sign.

I’ve missed you Sharunda. Welcome back!!

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Well, my date still shows 11/17 - 11/24 but Apple just charged my credit card. I’m hoping it’s an actual charge and not just the periodic check some companies do to make sure you have money in the account. They never put a hold on my funds when I placed the order, so fingers are crossed.
Those are my exact dates with Apple as well. It says Delivers 11/17 through 11/24. That was a "good" date but I would love for the dates to move up. No charges on my CC. I've been refreshing my email like crazy and checking the Apple web site for any order changes but it still staying the same.

If nothing changes between today and tomorrow, I'm thinking of going to the Apple store tomorrow AM to see if i can try my luck. LOL! or even Sunday and even Monday. In the meantime I'll keep the refreshing and checking mania going!

Shhh! Secretly this is so much fun!!!!

Last edited:

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
@Sharunda, I don’t think anyone in the history of any forums has ever exuded more genuine excitement for OTHERS than you have.

You are truly one of the genuinely nice people in this world.