x666x tutorial not really working for me......

Jan 13, 2008
I'm in the process of downgrading to 1.1.1. of course i have the message saying invalid sim which was expected. I log on to the jailbreakme site and try to download appsnap. It immediately takes me to the slide for emergency screen. Doesn't seem like much is happening. I slide the bar and I only get the key pad. What could I be missing?

Jan 13, 2008
ok got it to work. my wifi connection kept cutting out. installing oktoprep at the moment.

P.S. when running jailbreak.jar you click on install SSH correct? and then the jailbreak button? Sorry for all the questions......ok passed

now im trying to install 1.1.3 soft update and it says my phone is not ready to upgrade. Requires soft upgrade image to be on phone already. ?huh

Jan 13, 2008
ok I was up all night trying to soft upgrade 1.1.3 but kept saying phone is not ready to be upgraded.(whatever that means) I couldn't figure it out so I called it a night. This morning I started all over again. I'm on 1.1.2jb but now the soft upgrade doesn't show up in installer. Kinda weird. I see an option that says official 1.1.3 upgrader. Should I install that? Any help would be great

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Hi, you're posting all over the place, can you please keep the comments related to my tutorial in the same thread as the tutorial? That way if people have similar problems they can find help in the same thread, not in the third party forum, or a separate thread like this.

Lastly, I think I might have confused you, did you see this line up at the top?

FAQ
• This guide works for 1.1.2 OTB phones w/ the latest bootloader.
• This method and guide was designed for the Dev Team Soft Update to 1.1.3 through Installer
• You will need to free up space on your OS partition as a final clean up step. To do this, we will be using BossTool which can be downloaded from the Installer Source http://sleepers.net/iphonrepo
I'll change that to the correct verbiage so it matches what you see in installer now, Official 1.1.3 Upgrader.

Thanks for the clarification

Jan 13, 2008
Yeah sorry for all the posts. Didn't realize it was in the wrong section. Was a late night..

BTW thanks for the tutorial.