xbox live vs PS3 online

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
This is the thing that i was wondering I have a PS3 and play online ok, online play is online play right?

I have heard that xbox live is better in a huge way, i don't get why, what are the benefits of one or the other?

I really REALLY do not want this to be a ps3 vs xbox thing, i just want to know what is the difference in the online play i mean ps3 is free, and i like free....

let me know was up!

Thanks

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I have a PS3 and I've never used an Xbox, but I think one of the main differences is that there are a lot more good games available for the xbox.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
In Xbox Live, you can create a party that stays together game after game after game. You can watch the same Netflix streaming movies at the same time & still be connected. This will allow everybody to voice chat while watching movies. If anybody has to get up & pause the movie or somebody decides they wanted to rewind a scene, everbody's movie pauses, rewinds, etc. When you change games, you will stay connected to your party so you don't have to reconnect after every game change. Once everybody has the same game on, you will all be in the same game lobby so no invites have to be sent out. In addition to sending text messages, we can send voice messages which saves a lot of time if the message is pretty lengthy, especially when you decide to send a message during gameplay. You can also download & share photos with everyone in your party.

"XBL is also now integrated with Facebook -- your Facebook account can be linked to your Gamertag, and games will support Facebook Connect for sharing content online. That's pretty huge -- but if that wasn't enough, you're also getting Twitter and Last.fm in the deal. Want more? Netflix users will now be able to browse the entire catalog instead of simply loading their queue, and Microsoft has also gotten its Party Watch system in order, so you'll be able to heckle videos with your online friends."

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/01/xbox-live-gets-live-tv-streaming-netflix-browsing/

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I have never tried a PS3 online but I play Xbox Live and it is pretty amazing. No lag (most of the time), and the functions of being able to communicate with other players are great.

Divyesh

Jul 28, 2009
Digital point forum
Gonna have to say ps3.Less little kids screaming in your ear constantly, although you still can't get rid of all of them.Xbox benefits from having the dashboard, but ps3's
internet is free all together.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I have both systems, PS3 and Xbox 360. Yeah, you're going to pay for Xbox Live, but you know what, there are so many features you get it's ridiculous. And seriously, $49.99 for a 13-month subscription. I'm sure you can afford less than $4 a month for something substantially better. ;)

In regards to little kids screaming, that's completely relative. It all depends upon what type of game you're playing. If you do happen to run across that occasional "screaming kid" Xbox Live allows you to mute them. Done.

I think what makes Xbox Live stand out, is/are: the Dashboard, integration of third-party services, the UI, superior messaging capabilities, chatting, better selection of games (and I believe more people play on Xbox Live, I have no verification of this, though), and just a better gaming experience overall.

Hope this helps!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Oh I forgot to mention, you could also use the Windows Live Messenger service while you're on Live. If you're not comfortable writing using a normal Xbox 360 controller, you can always buy this one:

Which I am hopefully going to buy as soon as I find one (because I can't) or when I travel abroad because I am positive I'll find it in Europe.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Oh I forgot to mention, you could also use the Windows Live Messenger service while you're on Live. If you're not comfortable writing using a normal Xbox 360 controller, you can always buy this one:

Which I am hopefully going to buy as soon as I find one (because I can't) or when I travel abroad because I am positive I'll find it in Europe.
Hey Tarek, you can actually just buy the keyboard as an add-on that plugs into the microphone jack at the bottom of the controller: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8508572&type=product&id=1186005358451

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Yeah, I know this one. Too bad I can't order from BestBuy or I would have done so without hesitation.