Xbox Live

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
man xbox live is hanging up like a mofo! Anyone else notice this? Gotta be all the noobs that got an xbox and Call of Duty: Modern Warefare for Christmas.... I'm one..... God I love shooting those bastard Muslim Terrorists up, though...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
man xbox live is hanging up like a mofo! Anyone else notice this? Gotta be all the noobs that got an xbox and Call of Duty: Modern Warefare for Christmas.... I'm one..... God I love shooting those bastard Muslim Terrorists up, though...

If anyone is good at killin its you. Happy New Year my friend.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
yes!
i was trying to get on today and it was all hosed up! i thought it was me because i just set it up last night but obviously they're just breaking it down.

i just got halo3 and FFXI for 360, its game-time :D

oh! we should post gamer tags on here! i'm not really sure how to do it but hopefully this info will work

Gamertag:iamtko

:p

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
yes!
i was trying to get on today and it was all hosed up! i thought it was me because i just set it up last night but obviously they're just breaking it down.

oh! we should post gamer tags on here! i'm not really sure how to do it but hopefully this info will work

Xbox live is going nuts w/all the Christmas n00bs! I just got Halo 3 this weekend, but man, I suck at FPS. I am a Madden guy. I hear COD4 is awesome, so I may pick up that game... My Wii is waiting for Smash Bros and Mario Kart... My 360 is waiting for Grand Theft Auto 4.

Gamertag: rxmxsh

H

Hayesimus

yes!

yeah clever. Mine? Gamertag:Hayesimus lol

Optimous

Bronze
Nov 30, 2007
add me im alway's on GT xI Optimous Ix i also got cod im pretty good at it....btw every gold member gets a free arcade game couse of the down time and lag in cod4 and stuff.

Dear Xbox LIVE Members:

During this past holiday season you helped us break a number of Xbox LIVE records. This included our largest sign-up of new members to Xbox LIVE in our 5 year history and just yesterday you broke the record for the single biggest day of concurrent members ever on the service.

As a result of this massive increase in usage we know that some of you experienced intermittent Xbox LIVE issues over the holiday break. While the service was not completely offline at any given time, we are disappointed in our performance. I would like to take this moment to thank you each and every one of you for your patience and understanding as our team has worked around the clock to return the service to a stable state.

At the same time we would like to offer a token of our appreciation to all of you in celebration of record success for the service. And as a thank you for your loyalty during this holiday period, we will be offering all of our Xbox LIVE members around the world access to a full Xbox LIVE Arcade game that will be available to download free of charge. In the coming weeks we will be sharing the specific details of this offer with you.

Thank you again for helping make Xbox LIVE everything that it is today!

Sincerely,

Marc Whitten

General Manager, Xbox LIVE
http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2008/01/03/xbox-live-holiday-performance.aspx

H

Hayesimus

SUH-WEET! LOL free is good!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Xbox live is going nuts w/all the Christmas n00bs! I just got Halo 3 this weekend, but man, I suck at FPS. I am a Madden guy. I hear COD4 is awesome, so I may pick up that game... My Wii is waiting for Smash Bros and Mario Kart... My 360 is waiting for Grand Theft Auto 4.

Gamertag: rxmxsh
I was in a GameStop earlier tonight. Salesclerk sounded like we were at an auction; talking about "just $5 to pre-order." Maybe its just me, but I've never pre-ordered any game in my life. When it hits the shelves, I pick it up- usually within 5 minutes of the store opening.

H

Hayesimus

well I don't know about where you are but if you don't preorder certain titles, you don't get them for a WHILE when they first come out. Like my Halo 3 legendary package or whatever it was called. The one with the helmet. Even the regular editions were out of stock for weeks.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
well I don't know about where you are but if you don't preorder certain titles, you don't get them for a WHILE when they first come out. Like my Halo 3 legendary package or whatever it was called. The one with the helmet. Even the regular editions were out of stock for weeks.
I agree w/that - but in OC you could pick up Halo 3, any edition, anywhere. No shortage. But I think I need to preorder SSBB... Also, GTA 4.

Has anyone seen the previews for Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Ok - I added everyone who gave their tags. I don't play online as often as I like, but I'll be glad to hook up and play some madden or halo 3! :D

H

Hayesimus

sweet! How well do you play? I'm not like awesome like a lot ofthe online players but I do well enough. Like what do you play the campaign on? I've only beat it on easy and normal. Or whatever. About to tackle the third level. Wiah i could remember what they are called but im at work right now. I think the hardest is legendary right?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I'm so so. I used to be awesome at Halo and Halo 2. But until this past week I hadn't played Halo in like... 2 years roughly... But actually come to think of it - I SUCK right now, lol. Getting better by the day though...

H

Hayesimus

Haha. Its aight. For the longest time i only ever played on easy. And somehow i was still owning all my friends. Then one day this girl i wastalkin to brought some of her friends over and they decimated me! Lol but ive improved since then

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Hey Hay :) I feel what you're saying; I guess I've just been one of the fortunate ones in that regard.

On the flip side of that coin, my son pre-ordered a game (don't recall the title; its been a while) and there were so many pre-orders taken that on the day of delivery, they didn't have enough in stock to meet the pre-orders.

Yes, he was pissed. He got his deposit back and went down the street to the next store and brought it.

H

Hayesimus

I get Hey Hay'd a lot actually. lol. and yes, the same thing happened when i ordered my XBOX 360. I had to wait for the second batch to come in. Bummer. :S But, it was WELL worth the wait.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i'm preordering SSBB because it is highly awaited in the active gaming community. and i don't want there to be any mixups so i'm just throwing down the money NYOW! :D